'''''Six Days Seven Nights''''' is a 1998 film, part romantic comedy and part adventure film. Directed by Ivan Reitman. The main starts were Creator/HarrisonFord and AnneHeche. DavidSchwimmer and JacquelineObradors play the most significant supporting characters.
The film starts with a young couple Robin Monroe (Heche) and Frank Martin (Schwimmer). Robin is a journalist for "Dazzle", a New York-based fashion magazine. She is also a workaholic. Frank wants to get her away from work, arranging for a two week vacation in Makatea, in the Tuamotu Archipelago of the South Pacific. (Actual location).
Their trip is uneventful, until they hire the DHC-2 Beaver airplane flown by Quinn Harris (Ford). The trio are joined by Angelica (Obradors), Harris' current lover. Her employers notify Robin that she has to attent a fashion event in Tahiti. She hires Harris to take her there, leaving Frank and Angelica waiting for them in Makatea.
When the aging Beaver crash-lands on a deserted island, Robin and Quinn have to survive on their own. Later encountering modern day pirates and having to escape them as well. During all the action, the duo start falling for each other. Meanwhile, back in Makatea, Frank and Angelica are romancing each other.
The film was a box office hit but a critical failure at the time of its release. Nevertheless, its worldwide grosses of $164,839,294 probably ensure that its fondly remembered by its various creators.
'''This film provides examples of:'''
* BadassGrandpa: Quinn.
* BarelyThereSwimwear: "I thought it was an eyepatch!"
* BrickJoke: "And there is NOTHING wrong with my tits!"
* Captain Obvious
--> '''Robin:''' Some kind of creature has just swum up my pants. I'm guessing...it might be a snake.
--> '''Quinn:''' Oh. That's bad.
* DistractedByTheSexy: Frank.
* HeyItsThatGuy: [[StarWars Jango Fett]] as the leader of the pirates.
* HypocriticalHumor: Frank gets awfully indignant when finding out about Robin and Quinn, despite having just confessed to sleeping with Angelica.
* MayDecemberRomance: Quinn and Robin.
* MsFanservice: Angelica. '''Good LORD''' Angelica.
* PrecisionFStrike: When Robin has been crammed against the window of their plane by an inflating emergency raft.
* PunnyName: Invoked for no apparent reason. The guy leading up the search and rescue hunt for Quinn and Robin is named Tom Morrow.
* RuthlessModernPirates: Nothing romantic about these pirates.
* ShoutOut: A rare example of an ''inverse'' ShoutOut: Quinn has no problem whatsoever digging [[IndianaJones a snake]] out of Robin's shorts.
* TookALevelInBadass: Robin, when they fight the pirates.
* YoureNotMyType: PlayedForLaughs in this exchange between the acerbic pair:
--> '''Quinn Harris:''' "If it makes you feel any better you're not my type."
--> '''Robin Monroe:''' "Oh good, why?"
--> '''Quinn Harris:''' "You talk too much. You're opinionated. You're stubborn, sarcastic, and stuck up! Your ass is too narrow and your tits are too small."
--> '''Robin Monroe:''' "Hey, you wanna know why you're not my type?"
--> '''Quinn Harris:''' "Nope."