Sin Nombre (nameless) is 2009 indipendent film by Cary Joji Fukunaga.
It follows the story of Mara Salvatrucha gangster Willy, (AKA El Casper) and Honduran immigrant Sayra as they try make it north through Mexico and into the United States.
!!''Sin Nombre'' provides examples of:
* ArchEnemy: [[EvilVersusEvil 18th Street Gang and Mara Salavatrucha]]
* AttemptedRape: Both times by Lil Mago
** And a MomentOfAwesome for Willy [[spoiler: who saves Sayra from Mago by killing him]]. Having said that...
*** ...Mago is the AssholeVictim... he had it coming. Trope justified because of said attempted rapes mentioned above.
* [[spoiler:BittersweetEnding:]]Sayra makes it to the US but [[spoiler: loses Willy and her father along the way. Her uncle is deported back to Honduras]].
* ChekhovsGun: Yessinia's phone number
* ChildrenForcedToKill: Smiley is only accepted after he kills a former 18th street gang member who was held prisoner.
* CycleOfRevenge: Between 18th street and Mara Salvatrucha
* DeathByFallingOver: Willy's girlfriend is accidentally killed this way by Lil Mago while trying to rape her.
* ImperialStormtrooperMarksmanshipAcademy: 18th street
* RealitySubtext: The Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) gang are in fact [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NudzVA8bbak real]]. They originated from Los Angeles and have networks in other parts of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras. They were set up in the 1980s by Salvadoran immigrants in Los Angeles' Pico-Union neighborhood who immigrated to the United States after the Central American civil wars of the 1980s. Originally, the gang's main purpose was to protect Salvadoran immigrants from other, more established gangs of Los Angeles, who were predominantly composed of Mexicans and African-Americans. But, as a result of deportations, the members started recruiting more members from their home countries - including children from poor urban neighborhoods - thus expanding. They are notorious for their use of violence and subcultural moral code; and in Mexico, they are known to commit violence against migrants travelling to the United States.
* SecretHandshake: How MS gang members identify each other.
* TruthInTelevision: Its not uncommon for kids Smiley's age to join MS and kill at that age. A lot of recruitment is done at Elementary and Middle School level.
* WeAreEverywhere: After El Sol takes over Lil Mago's clique he sends Willy a message that every MS member looking for him. Smiley mission to kill Willy is helped by various members along the way.