''Shrooms'' is a 2007 horror film directed by Paddy Breathnach, and stars Lindsey Haun, Jack Huston, and Max Kasch.
American student Tara and her college friends (Bluto, Lisa, Holly and Troy) travel to Ireland to meet with local resident and friend Jake (and Tara's love interest), and go camping in woodlands surrounding a long-disused children's home. Whilst collecting psilocybin mushrooms for later consumption, Tara ingests a deathcap mushroom and suffers a seizure after which she experiences dream-like trances in which she begins having [[PsychicPowers premonitions of future events]].
When night falls, the group gathers around the camp fire, with a still-weak Tara resting in her tent. Jake tells a [[GhostStory ghost story]] of the empty children's home nearby, and of a [[SinisterMinister violent, sadistic monk]] who survived an assault by one of his charges, as revenge [[YouKilledMyFather for killing his twin brother]].
That night, things start to go wrong. [[FromBadToWorse Horribly wrong]].
!!'''This film contains examples of:'''
* AllLoveIsUnrequited: Tara towards Jake. [[spoiler:It's implied (and mentioned in the Director's Commentary) that this, combined with the deathcap-induced craziness, unleashes Tara's repressed rage and causes her to kill everyone.]]
* AlphaBitch: Lisa, to a certain extent.
* AnguishedDeclarationOfLove: "I love you, [[spoiler:Tara.]]" Subverted, as it later turns out that [[spoiler: [[UnreliableNarrator it didn't actually happen]].]]
* AxCrazy: [[spoiler:Tara.]]
* BestialityIsDepraved: Ernie and Bernie are heavily implied to be into doing... unsavoury things with livestock.
* BlackEyesOfEvil: [[spoiler:Tara]] has them in some of the flashbacks during the ending.
* BreakTheCutie: Holly. [[spoiler:Possibly Tara.]]
* CreepyChild: The Lonely Twin.
* CreepyMonotone: [[spoiler:''(Axe to the head)'' "I love you, Jake".]]
* DeadpanSnarker: The cow.
* DoItYourselfThemeTune: The song "Curveball", featured in the ending credits, was performed by the Rig Brothers, but features vocals by Lindsey Haun (Tara). Additionally, she also co-wrote the song.
* [[DontGoInTheWoods Don't Go In The Woods]]
* TheFaceless: The Lonely Twin, who wears a sack over his head.
* FanDisservice: The "dogging" scene.
* FinalGirl: Played straight, yet twisted on its head - [[spoiler:Tara is not only the final girl, but also the killer.]]
* GoryDiscretionShot: Most of the deaths.
* GroinAttack: [[spoiler:Happens to Bluto.]]
* HauntedHouse: [[spoiler:At least, that's what the characters (and the audience) are lead to believe the children's home is at first...]] However, WordOfGod says that the issue of [[spoiler: the story of the home being real or not]] was intended to be vague - hence the brief shots of it at the beginning of the film.
* HeyItsThatGuy: The Lonely Twin is played by Jack Gleeson, now known as King Joffrey on ''GameOfThrones'', though we never see his face. Similarly unrecognizable is [[BoardwalkEmpire Richard Harrow]] as Jake.
* HilariousOuttakes: Present as a DVD extra. Oddly, they're interspliced between deleted scenes.
* [[spoiler:HowWeGotHere: The first few shots of the film show an unidentified woman running through the woods, clearly panicked. At the end of the film, Tara runs into the woods after escaping from the ambulance.]]
* ImplacableMan: The Black Brother.
* JerkJock: Bluto.
* JumpScare: The goat.
* [[spoiler:KillEmAll: Tara is the only main character to survive. Ernie also survives, but, unfortunately for him, he is falsely arrested for the murders.]]
* [[spoiler:TheKillerInMe: Tara turns out to have been the killer all along, having been driven crazy from ingesting the deathcap.]]
* MindScrew: Regarding Tara's apparent visions of the future, and it is also left unclear as to whether [[spoiler: the story of the children's home is real or not.]] It is also left open to interpretation just how aware [[spoiler:Tara is of the murders she commits.]]
* NiceJobBreakingItHero: While Jake's reasons for confiscating the group's mobile phones is understandable given the nature of the trips they could have after ingesting the mushrooms, it still isn't exactly a wise idea (arguably). To be fair to him, though, he wasn't to know that the phones would get stolen...
* NothingIsScarier: The segment of the film that takes place in the children's home.
* ObviouslyEvil: Completely averted with Ernie and Bernie. They are extremely odd and come across as more than a little creepy (and are, as mentioned in the Director's Commentary, intended to be the Irish version of backwoods hillbillies), but seem to be fairly nice people (if rather disturbed).
* [[PaedophilePriest Paedophile Monk]]: The Black Brother is heavily implied to be this.
* PsychicPowers: After eating the deathcap, Tara seems to have gained powers of precognition. It's left deliberately vague as to whether this is the case or not.
* RedHerring: [[spoiler:Ernie and Bernie.]]
* SceneryPorn: The woods are ''gorgeous''.
* ShoutOut: Tara's first fit after ingesting the deathcap is a direct ShoutOut to a visually similar scene from ''ATaleOfTwoSisters''.
** Later, when Tara in the children's home, she nervously opens a door into... [[NothingIsScarier an empty room (save for a lone, tiny chair)]]. She leaves, only for the Black Brother to emerge from the very same room and silently follow her. This is a reference to a similar scene from ''TheExorcistIII''.
* SlasherMovie: Partly.
* ThoseTwoGuys: Bernie and Ernie.
* TooDumbToLive: [[spoiler: Lisa]] really should have known better than to wade through the lake to escape.
* VomitIndiscretionShot: When Tara has her first fit, a small trickle of vomit can be seen on her chin. Later, when Bluto is tripping out, he vomits all over his chin and down his front.
* WildChild: The feral boy known as "The Dog".
* WomanScorned: [[spoiler:Possibly Tara.]]
* YouDidntAsk: When Holly attempts to use Bernie and Ernie's phone and finds that it doesn't work:
--> '''Holly:''' You said you had a phone.
--> '''Ernie:''' You asked did we have a phone. You never asked did it work.