''Sheena'' is a 1984 ColumbiaPictures film starring Tanya Roberts as Janet Ames: as a child, she came to Africa with her geologist parents, who were killed in a cave-in. She was raised by the shaman of the local Zambuli tribe and named Sheena, Queen of the Jungle. She grows up and has to protect the Zambuli lands from an evil prince who wants to strip mine the tribal lands. She is assisted by an American reporter, Vic Casey, who of course falls madly in love with her.
The film is generally considered to be somewhat of a bomb, with an overlong running time unjustified by the bare-bones plot and the awkward acting, especially from lead Tanya Roberts.
Based on the comic book ''ComicBook/SheenaQueenOfTheJungle''.
!!This film contains examples of:
* TheAllegedCar: Vic and Fletch's rented Range Rover tends to stall out, although this is strange given the car's fairly solid reputation as a hardy offroader.
* BattleCouple: Sheena and Vic become this near the end.
* DisneyVillainDeath: Zanda.
* TheDragon: Colonel Jorgensen.
* EagleLand: The Americans, particularly Vic. He certainly means well, but tends to come across as condescending.
* EvilAlbino: Colonel Jorgensen.
* EyeScream: Happens to the soldiers' helicopter pilot.
* TheEvilPrince: Prince Otwani.
* FauxActionGirl: While Sheena certainly knows how to use a bow and arrow, the film's insistence upon having Vic come to her rescue at the end is a little disconcerting. Likewise, less emphasis is placed on Sheena's fighting prowess and more on her psychic abilities.
* FootFocus: Sheena goes barefoot for the entire movie. Also, at one point when she and Vic are climbing a tree to evade and hide from pursuers, she tries to reach down with her hand to aid him up, but her reach isn't far enough...so she offers him her foot to hold on to instead.
* FriendToAllLivingThings: Sheena. ''Every'' animal is her friend, without exception, even normally-vilified snakes.
* HellishCopter: The soldiers' helicopter is brought down by a ''flock of killer flamingoes'' who ''peck out the pilot's eyes.''
* HeyItsThatGuy: [[Film/AViewToAKill Stacey Sutton]] is Sheena. [[Film/RobinHoodPrinceOfThieves Little John]] appears in a supporting role as the soldiers' tracker. Also Sheena's dad was the president's adviser in ''Film/SupermanII''.
* JunglePrincess: Sheena
* KickTheDog: The helicopter pilot gets angry that Sheena has evaded him, so he vents his frustration by strafing a nearby herd of antelope.
* MightyWhitey: The tribe's prophecy specifically states a "golden god child" will save them. Janet Ames (later Sheena) is a white, blonde American.
* PrivateMilitaryContractors: Prince Otwani's army is made by this.
* SceneryPorn: Besides the score, the film's main saving grace is the stunningly beautiful cinematography showing off the African countryside in all its splendor.
* TooDumbToLive: Sheena's mother, Betsy Ames, ''screams out her daughter's name'' in the middle of an unstable cave, resulting in a massive cave-in that kills her and her husband.
* WaterfallShower: Tanya Roberts took two.