''Sextette'' was a 1978 comedy best known for being Creator/MaeWest's final film appearance.
!!This film contains examples of:
* GaussianGirl: In an effort to hide the fact that its female lead was in her eighties, the film made heavy use of the Gaussian blur.
* MayDecemberRomance: Marlo's latest husband is considerably younger.
* MistakenForGay: Sir Michael Barrington (Timothy Dalton) is confused by the media of being gay, and Barrington constantly reinforces this rumor by naively declaring such lines as "Well, yes, I would say so. Always gay, never depressed. Happy and gay. That's my motto", "It's queer to me," he's a "man's man" and that as a coxswain he "coxed the entire crew."
* OrAreYouJustHappyToSeeMe: West became famous for asking a police officer assigned to escort her, "Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" It's unclear if she ever actually said that, but she ''does'' deliver the line in this film.
* WorstNewsJudgmentEver: Apparently, the sex life and consummation of an 85-year-old woman with a 32-year-old Brit is ''front page news across the world'', instead of on ''Franchise/RipleysBelieveItOrNot'' or maybe ''FacesOfDeath''