%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Add context to the entries before uncommenting them.
->''Major Charles Rane Is Coming Home To War!''
A 1970s action thriller directed by John Flynn, cowritten by Creator/PaulSchrader, and starring Creator/WilliamDevane and Creator/TommyLeeJones.
It's the story of returning VietnamWar veteran Major Charles Rane (Devane), who has spent the last seven years in a POW camp. He comes home to find his wife has moved on and his son doesn't remember him. His home town is determined to give him a homecoming and presents him with a number of gifts including silver dollars, one for each of his days in captivity. A group of rednecks attempt to steal his money and then murder his wife and son. Major Rane vows revenge...
!!This movie contains examples of:
* FanDisservice: The climax takes place in a brothel with several naked women... while the men there (the rednecks) are getting slaughtered left and right by Rane and Johnny.
* FiringOneHanded: A necessity for Rane, because he only has one hand.
* HandicappedBadass: Rane gets his hand ''shredded'' on a trash disposal by the rednecks when they steal the silver dollars. He uses a hook hand (which he sharpens to a table-and-head penetrating point) for the rest of the film, and loses very little capacity to kick ass because of this.
* ShellShockedVeteran: Major Charles Rane and his buddy Sergeant Johnny Vohden
* ShotgunsAreJustBetter: Rane and Johnny use shotguns in the final shootout.
* TheStoic: Rane. He's so shell-shocked that his hand getting shredded makes him have flashbacks to his torture as a POV, but absolutely no external response (like screaming).