The final film in the ''Rebirth of Mothra'' trilogy, this movie is considered the strongest entry. The environmental message has been toned down, the monster battles have improved, probably helped by the return of Grand [[BreakOutVillain King Ghidorah]]. The child protagonist is thoughtful and reserved, which many see as an improvement over his more vocal, childish predecessors. He and some of the Elias sisters go through character development, and actual tension is present.
Belvera has infiltrated Infant Island, tricking Moll and Lora into reviving the powers of the Elias Triangle. After a brief scuffle, she escapes, warning them of the approach of the King of Terror. A meteor lands in the forest of Fujiyoshida City, witnessed by the family of a troubled boy who dropped out of school. The boy, Shota Sonoda, goes to his favorite hiding spot in the forest. King Ghidorah has risen, spiriting children off to a dome in Aoki Forest and reigning destruction upon areas of Japan. There is a great aerial battle, but Mothra Leo is no match for King Ghidorah and Lora gets brainwashed in the process. Moll, Fairy, and Shota meet up and go to Leo, where he learns the children will become King Ghidorah's meal. Leo determine that the only way to stop the monster is to go back in time, and Moll sacrifices herself in the process. Her dying wish is for Shouta to save Lora, whose in the dome. While Mothra Leo squares off against the young but strong Cretacious Ghidorah, Shota must save Lora before they and all the children are eaten by Ghidorah...
!!Tropes used in the films include
* AdultFear: A giant, city destroying monster specifically targets your children for consumption!
* AntiHero: Belvera upgrades to this here.
* BadAss: For once there is a sense of scale when it comes to the monsters battling. Leo is thrashed by Grand King Ghidorah at the start so Leo battles the much much younger version millions of years ago. The two fight and Mothra is the victory but just barely, showing that even as a baby Grand King Ghidorah is very powerful and Mothra Leo practically pulled a heroic sacrific to win, also showing he is bad ass.
* ChildHater: Grand Ghidorah not only hates them but wants to eat them!
* CurbStompBattle: Mothra's first fight with King Ghidorah ends in a crushing defeat for the former. [[spoiler:It's the other way around once Leo is all powered up at the end]].
* EvenEvilHasLovedOnes: Belvera does actually care about her sisters.
* HeartIsAnAwesomePower: Moll tells the protagonist of the story that his sensitivity is not a bad thing.
** Apparently Aqua Mothra can go back in time.
** Fairy now has a [[Franchise/StarTrek Tricorder]] setting.
* NoExportForYou: Subverted in that, while an English language adaptation of this film exists and has premiered on network television (SciFi specficially), it has yet to see any kind of video or dvd release on this side of the Pacific.
** Now rectified as the film (with Japanese audio and subtitles) is available on iTunes and a collection of all three ''Rebirth of Mothra'' movies is being released in September 2014.
* TheOtherDarrin: Instead of being played by Sayaki Yamaguchi, Lora is played by Misato Tate.
* TimeTravel: The solution to stop King Ghidorah.
* TookALevelInBadAss: Mothra in this film. For once Leo has to handle Ghidorah, at least he in his youth, all by himself and pulls a heroic sacrifice to stop him. It was nearly all for naught, a piece of Cretaceous Ghidorah remained in the past to regenerate and return in the present, only for Leo to get his usual MidSeasonUpgrade...except for once it felt genuinely earned.