'''''Prom Night''''' is a SlasherMovie from the year 2008. It is [[InNameOnly a loose remake]] of [[Film/PromNight1980 1980 film with the same name]].
It is about an ex-teacher named Fenton, who is murderously obsessed with one of his students, played by Creator/BrittanySnow. Managing to escape from the police, he's prepared to get to her at any costs during her senior prom.
!!This film has the examples of:
* BlackDudeDiesFirst: [[spoiler: Averted, very surprisingly. Out of the six main teens, the only two to survive are the FinalGirl and the black guy. Even her love interest dies.]]
* FinalGirl: Donna
* InfantImmortality: Averted. Along with her parents getting killed, Donna's little brother got knifed as well (they even show his body).
* JumpScare: There's a rather infamous example with a lamp.
* [[spoiler:KarmicDeath: Fenton.]]
* NoEnding: After [[spoiler:the cops shoot Fenton]], there's nothing else after. No scene where we see what everyone is up to after the incident, no one getting consequences for actions they did, nothing.
* OffScreenTeleportation: Fenton is prone to this.
* PaperThinDisguise: Fenton manages to avoid the police by [[BeardnessProtectionProgram shaving his beard]]. And we're talking about a PermaStubble beard, not an all-concealing one.
* PoliceAreUseless: Being fooled by a disguise that consists of getting a shave? Yeah, they're not the brightest cops. And later he fools them ''with a hat''. Sure, [[spoiler:they ''do'' shoot Fenton dead in the end, but the fact that their idiocy caused a couple of deaths, it doesn't save them much]]. One of them ''was'' smart enough to figure that this guy should have been given the death penalty when he was ''first'' caught, but the judge decided imprisonment worked better. [[WhatCouldPossiblyGoWrong Because what could possibly go wrong]]... OhWait.
** Also there's the fact that the escaped killer is known to be obsessed with ''one single person'' and they elect not to tell that person since it would...ruin her prom night? In most situations they'd track the person down and get them to a more secure location.
* SeriousBusiness: The prom for the town, apparently. There's a red carpet, people all holding signs congratulating the kids... Hell, he police are reluctant to interrupt it over an ''escaped serial killer obsessed with one of the attendees''.