A 1992 film, directed by Creator/KennethBranagh, about a group of friends who reunite after many years apart at a large country mansion, to celebrate New Years Eve and reminisce.
!!This film provides examples of:
* [[AmbiguouslyGay Ambiguously Bisexual]]: Peter, but he's not really sure.
* BeautifulAllAlong: Maggie, as shown after Carol gives her a makeover.
* BittersweetEnding: Though the parting shot is of the six friends, all together and laughing, what the viewer must remember is that this shot comes not too long after [[spoiler: Andrew falling off the wagon after his marriage falls apart, Sarah's boyfriend going back to his wife and Peter admitting he's HIV positive.]]
* BookEnds: The film starts and ends with the six friends performing the 'Underground Song'.
* [[BottleEpisode Bottle Film]]: Save one or two scenes at the beginning, the entire film takes place in Peter's mansion.
* HappilyMarried: Roger and Mary, after they manage to get past the trauma of [[spoiler: one of their children dying]]
* HenpeckedHusband: Roger, at the beginning of the film.
* LovableSexManiac: Sarah and, as it turns out, [[spoiler: Maggie]].
* NameAndName: Two of the actors in leading roles in this film? [[ABitOfFryAndLaurie Fry and Laurie]] of course!
* NoExportForYou: It was an absurdly long time before this film got a DVD release in the States.
* ParentalSubstitute: Peter's housekeeper seems to be this to him.
* RelationshipUpgrade: Roger and Mary ended up married after the gang left university.
* ASimplePlan: Peter invites his friends round so they can catch up and enjoy New Years Eve together. He probably didn't bank on [[spoiler: relapsing alcoholism, two marriages breaking up, one getting back together, one relationship breaking up and musical numbers.]]
* SorryImGay: Peter's response to Maggie's cack-handed come-on.
* TrueCompanions: The six main characters have been friends since university and, as shown when they finally reunite, act as a surrogate family to one another.
* UpperClassTwit: Peter, just a tiny bit.
* WithFriendsLikeThese: With the way they talk to each other at times, you really do wonder how they've remained friends for so many years.