''One of Our Aircraft Is Missing'' is a 1942 British [[WarMovies War Movie]], set -- and filmed -- [[DuringTheWar during]] WorldWarII by Creator/MichaelPowell and Emeric Pressburger. Regarded as one of the best British films of the era, the movie features the trials of a shot-down British bomber crew who attempt to escape German-occupied Holland with the aid of The Resistance.
The title has inspired a large number of [[TheJoyOfX snowclones]].
!!This film provides examples of:
* AbandonShip: Being forced to bail out of the damaged [[CoolPlane Vickers Wellington bomber]] sets up the whole plot.
* CoolOldGuy: Godfrey Tearle as the rear gunner "Sir George Corbett" is at least 20 years older than the rest of the crew. He is based on [[HistoricalDomainCharacter Sir Arnold Wilson]], a former colonial governor and MP, who joined the RAF even though in his 50s, stating "I have no desire to shelter myself and live in safety behind the ramparts of the bodies of our young men."
* CreatorCameo: Michael Powell appears as the air dispatcher.
* FateWorseThanDeath: It's the opinion of the Resistance that the Nazi occupation is this.
-->'''Else Meertens''': Do you think that we Hollanders who threw the sea out of our country will let the Germans have it? Better the sea.
* HiddenInPlainSight: The sixth crewmember turns out to be playing on the local football team.
* ImportationExpansion: Inverted; twenty minutes were cut from the original American release.
* LaResistance: Initially suspicious, but they wind up helping the airmen out.
* LesCollaborateurs: Jo de Vries pretends to help the Germans so that she can help the resistance.
* MenAreStrongWomenArePretty: Surprisingly averted; director Michael Powell deliberately encouraged the casting of women as [[ActionGirl resistance leaders]].