-->''"That's a crock of shit!"''
The most [[BrokenAesop environmentally destructive]] film with a GreenAesop ever.
StevenSeagal, who also directed and co-produced (it was his first film after ''UnderSiege''), is Forrest Taft. In the beginning of the film, he is working as a contractor for Aegis Energy, putting out an oil rig fire in Alaska. With large explosives. Hugh Palmer who is in charge of running the rig is blaming the oil company (Aegis), saying they supplied faulty protectors. Forrest scoffs at this at the time as he blows up the burning rig, but notes that they ''were'' faulty protectors--only, of course, he blew up that evidence.
* AndKnowingIsHalfTheBattle: Infamous ''live action'' example.
* BoringInvincibleHero: Typical [[StevenSeagal Seagal]].
* BrokenAesop: The film is supposed to have a GreenAesop, yet FridgeLogic says that destroying an oil rig would cause far more environmental damage than simply letting it run.
** Also, it portrays the oil company as exploiting the natives. But it also says they have a contract... generally, those contracts include paying out dividends to the original owners of the mineral rights. It should however, be pointed out that the rig was in fact constructed wholly of faulty parts. letting the rig come online would've resulted in a catastrophic oil spill of a greater magnitude than the one the film starts with. In this instance, destroying the rig WAS the lesser of two evils.
* CharacterFilibuster: Multiple.
* TheChosenOne: Whether Forrest wants it or not.
* CorruptCorporateExecutive: Jennings.
* GaiasVengeance: Yes, Forrest is supposed to embody that.
* GroinAttack: Including one where the target rather redundantly yells "MY NUTS!", as though [[ViewersAreMorons the audience couldn't tell that was where he was kicked]].
* KickTheDog: Multiple.
* KickThemWhileTheyAreDown: The film contains several drawn-out torture scenes, such as when Forrest's friend Hugh is beaten with a pipe cutter. Not just on the part of the villains though; Forrest has several scenes where he continues to bully people even when he's already beaten them, such as a very lengthy and painful fight in the bar. And, as [[WebVideo/BadMovieBeatdown Film Brain]] pointed out, Forrest murders Jennings at the end of the movie, even though he was unarmed, outmatched, and totally unable to defend himself.
** Jennings may have lived had he not told Forest he didn't have the guts to finish him.
* MagicalComputer: Multiple.
* MegaCorp: Aegis
* MeaningfulName: "Forrest". See GaiasVengeance.
* MightyWhitey: Forrest Taft.
* NeverFoundTheBody: Why Jennings believes Forrest is alive.
* NonActionBigBad: Jennings
* OutrunTheFireball: Repeatedly.
* PhotoOpWithTheDog: The exec tries to make an ad to improve the image of Aegis Energy, complete with reindeer/caribou.
-->'''Forrest''': You ride good?
-->'''Masu''': Of course, I'm a Native American.
* ProtagonistCenteredMorality: It wouldn't be a Steven Seagal movie without one.
* ReverseThePolarity: According to the movie, Forrest didn't do any damage to the environment when he blew up the oil refinery because before doing so, he "reversed the valves".
* ScrewThisImOuttaHere: Liles, the [[TheSmurfettePrinciple token female baddie]], tries to cut and run in the climactic fight. She fails spectacularly.
* StuffedInTheFridge: Finding Hugh's corpse tipped Forrest off that this was a trap.
* WeCare: The ad that the BigBad tries to make.