A 1957 Creator/FedericoFellini film that deals with Cabiria, a hooker in the suburbs of Rome, and her weird experiences, including almost being drowned by a man, going to a progression, meeting a famous actor and wondering if she should change her ways. The problem is that she is a failry idealistic person against a very cynic world.
!!The film provides examples of:
* BookEnds: The film starts and finishes with [[spoiler:a man robbing Cabiria’s purse alongside a river. Also, both men contemplate on throwing her to the river; the first one does it.]].
* ContrivedCoincidence: Cabiria makes a fool of herself in a show courting with an imaginary man named Oscar. Then it turns out there was a man in the audience really named Oscar, who falls for her. What a coincidence! [[spoiler:Although, of course, he probably was lying about his name.]]
* FourthDateMarriage: Oscar proposes to Cabiria at the tenth date. She and her friend Wanda [[LampshadeHanging lampshade]] it. [[spoiler:Deconstructed]]
* HookerWithAHeartOfGold: Underneath the tough exterior, she is a sweet woman who really cares about what happens to other people, and only wants to be happy.
* HugeGuyTinyGirl: Cabiria and Alberto Lazzari.
* MoodWhiplash: Throughout the movie. For instance, the movie starts with Cabiria and her lover goofing around near a river, looking like a heartwarming moment between two lovers, [[spoiler:then he throws her to the river and steals her stuff]].
* NoAntagonist: There's no antagonists ''per se'', Cabiria is just an unlucky girl in a very cynic world.
* OneHeadTaller: Cabiria is very short, so it tends to happen; especially when she meets the actor Alberto Lazzari.
* ThrowingOffTheDisability: Amleto’s uncle tries to do this, failing spectacularly.