''Mr. Deeds'' is a 2002 romantic comedy starring Creator/AdamSandler. It is loosely based on ''Film/MrDeedsGoesToTown''.
* AdamWesting: John [=McEnroe=].
* AlliterativeName: Babe Bennett continues the trend for Sandler's love interests, though unlike some of the others, her initials aren't V.V.
* BigGood: With or without money, Mr. Deeds always finds a way to invoke this trope. He even goes as far as rescue a woman and all of her cats from a tall, burning apartment building.
* CorruptCorporateExecutive: Chuck Cedar.
* CryingWolf: Tabloid journalist Babe Bennett pretends to be a DistressedDamsel, getting mugged in order to meet Deeds and dig up dirt on him. Later, when she is ''really'' in trouble, he doesn't believe her.
* FlippingTheBird: "ˇOlé!"
* FunnyForeigner: Emilio
* GoOutWithASmile: Preston Blake did.
* GroinAttack: Does not work on Jan, apparently whatever's down there is not normal.
* HeelRealization: Babe has a very [[TearJerker emotional]] one when she realizes she is falling for Deeds, in spite of having lied to him about everything.
* HeroWithBadPublicity: When Deeds rescues a woman and her seven cats from a burning building, the TV tabloid show for which Babe works makes it look as if he killed the cats and sexually assaulted the woman.
* HumanPopsicle: Preston Blake was found as this on Mount Everest, kicking off the entire plot.
* JerkAss: Mac, Babe's boss.
** The fake mugger qualifies after what he did to get Deeds out of the way just to win Babe's love.
* KarmaHoudini: Mac. He humiliates Deeds on multiple occasions and blows Babe's cover just because he can. NEVER gets any sort of punishment.
* MaliciousSlander: Again, Mac. See KarmaHoudini above.
* MoodWhiplash: When Deeds makes Emilio puncture his "black foot":
-->'''''YOU'RE SICK! YOU'RE SICK! WHY WOULD YOU DO THA'''-aaaaa'' I'm just kiddin'.
* NoHoldsBarredBeatdown: What Deeds gives to Babe's "mugger".
* OffscreenTeleportation: Emilo, almost to supernatural levels. Able to go from standing right next to Chuck Cedar all the way to a balcony several hundred meters away in a matter of seconds ''without being seen.'' Mostly, this is just for RuleOfFunny.
* ProductPlacement: The gratuitous trip to Wendy's.
* RescueRomance: Deeds states that this is how his father met his mother, and this is how he himself meets Babe. Subverted in the latter case, however, as her mugger was a friend of hers putting on an act.
* RichBitch: Inverted. Deeds may have a multi-million dollar inheritance, but that does not stop him from being so kind to others. See BigGood above.
* RichSuitorPoorSuitor: Deeds as the rich suitor; Babe's coworker and fake mugger as the poor suitor.
* SeamlessSpontaneousLie: Babe's lie about Little Winchestertonfieldville, Iowa turns out to mostly come true, and Deeds is too naive to notice the inconsistencies.
* StealthHiBye: Emilio makes this a RunningGag.
* ThrowItIn: Deeds's faux-agony over Emilio puncturing his foot was ad-libbed by Sandler, without telling John Turturro, whose reaction is genuine.
* UnexpectedInheritance: Deeds had no idea his mother had a wealthy uncle before said uncle died. [[spoiler: And Emilio is just as shocked to learn he's Preston Blake's illegitimate son.]]