''Mr. Deeds'' is a 2002 romantic comedy starring Creator/AdamSandler. It is loosely based on ''Film/MrDeedsGoesToTown''.
* AccidentalTruth: A small BrickJoke in the movie. Babe/Miss Dawson claimed to be from Winchestertonfieldville Iowa. It was a flat out lie, but Deeds manages to actually find the place. Especially the house she described.
* TheAce: Deeds himself.
* AdamWesting: John [=McEnroe=].
* AlliterativeName: Babe Bennett continues the trend for Sandler's love interests, though unlike some of the others, her initials aren't V.V.
* BewareTheNiceOnes: Deeds is one of the nicest people in the movie, but harm or say bad language in front of the ladies, or insult his upbrining and he'll answer back by kicking your ass.
* BigGood: With or without money, Mr. Deeds always finds a way to invoke this trope. He even goes as far as rescue a woman and all of her cats from a tall, burning apartment building.
* ChekhovsGun: Early in the movie, Emilio claims that Preston Blake always treated him like a son. [[spoiler: Guess who turns out to be Blake's illegitimate son at the end]]?
* CoolOldGuy: Blake is arguably considered this according to Emilio, and to top it off he dies scaling a mountain, with a smile on his face.
* CorruptCorporateExecutive: Chuck Cedar.
* CryingWolf: Tabloid journalist Babe Bennett pretends to be a DistressedDamsel, getting mugged in order to meet Deeds and dig up dirt on him. Later, when she is ''really'' in trouble, he doesn't believe her.
* DinerBrawl Babe vs. Jan!
* FlippingTheBird: "ˇOlé!"
* FunnyForeigner: Emilio
* GoOutWithASmile: Preston Blake did.
* GroinAttack: Does not work on Jan, apparently whatever's down there is not normal.
* HeelRealization: Babe has a very [[TearJerker emotional]] one when she realizes she is falling for Deeds, in spite of having lied to him about everything.
* HeroWithBadPublicity: When Deeds rescues a woman and her seven cats from a burning building, the TV tabloid show for which Babe works makes it look as if he killed the cats and sexually assaulted the woman.
* HonorBeforeReason: This following line plays with this trope.
--> '''Deeds:''' If it weren't for Miss Dawson being here, I'd probably knock your heads in.
--> '''Babe:''' Oh I don't mind.
--> '''Deeds:''' Ok *Cue CurbStompBattle.*
* HumanPopsicle: Preston Blake was found as this on Mount Everest, kicking off the entire plot.
* JerkAss: Mac, Babe's boss, as well as Chuck Cedar
** The fake mugger qualifies after what he did to get Deeds out of the way just to win Babe's love.
* KarmaHoudini: Mac. He humiliates Deeds on multiple occasions and blows Babe's cover just because he can. NEVER gets any sort of punishment.
* LoveRedeems: Babe.
* MaliciousSlander: Again, Mac. See KarmaHoudini above.
* MamaBear: Jan was willing to cut Pam/Babe for hurting Deeds....[[CoolAndUnusualPunishment with a pizza cutter of all things.]]
* MoodWhiplash: When Deeds makes Emilio puncture his "black foot":
-->'''''YOU'RE SICK! YOU'RE SICK! WHY WOULD YOU DO THA'''-aaaaa'' I'm just kiddin'.
* NoHoldsBarredBeatdown: What Deeds gives to Babe's "mugger".
* OffscreenTeleportation: Emilo, almost to supernatural levels. Able to go from standing right next to Chuck Cedar all the way to a balcony several hundred meters away in a matter of seconds ''without being seen.'' Mostly, this is just for RuleOfFunny.
* ProductPlacement: The gratuitous trip to Wendy's.
* RescueRomance: Deeds states that this is how his father met his mother, and this is how he himself meets Babe. Subverted in the latter case, however, as her mugger was a friend of hers putting on an act.
* RichBitch: Inverted. Deeds may have a multi-million dollar inheritance, but that does not stop him from being so kind to others. See BigGood above.
* RichSuitorPoorSuitor: Deeds as the rich suitor; Babe's coworker and fake mugger as the poor suitor. Subverted somewhat in that Deeds is the one seen in a better light.
* SeamlessSpontaneousLie: Babe's lie about Little Winchestertonfieldville, Iowa turns out to mostly come true, and Deeds is too naive to notice the inconsistencies.
* StealthHiBye: Emilio makes this a RunningGag.
* ThrowItIn: Deeds's faux-agony over Emilio puncturing his foot was ad-libbed by Sandler, without telling John Turturro, whose reaction is genuine.
* UnexpectedInheritance: Deeds had no idea his mother had a wealthy uncle before said uncle died. [[spoiler: And Emilio is just as shocked to learn he's Preston Blake's illegitimate son.]]