''Moving Violations'' is a 1985 comedy film notable for starring the lesser-known siblings of many famous actors, and being the film debut of Don Cheadle.
The film follows a group of people who, after being ticketed for numerous traffic violations, lose their licenses and have their vehicles impounded. They are ordered by Judge Nedra Henderson to attend a driving course program in order to get their licenses and their vehicles back. However, the assigned teacher for this course, Deputy Henry "Hank" Halik, is also conspiring with the judge in a plan to make sure these offenders fail miserably, and at any cost. This makes one of the drivers, landscaper Dana Cannon (John Murray), very suspicious and he enlists his fellow students to expose their plot to sell their impounded vehicles.
!!Moving Violations contains examples of:
* BlindMistake: A RunningGag. A character played by the "Where's the Beef?" lady from old Wendy's commercials repeatedly does this. Some classics include: driving onto an airport runway and sitting in a unrinal and asking "Why's my back all wet?"
* DirtyCop: Deputy Hank Halik.
* FingertipDrugAnalysis: When Deputy Hank finds a suspicious white powder on the seat of Dana's truck, he dips his finger in it and sticks it in his mouth. Only after he has done so does Dana inform him that it's guano.
* GroinAttack: A bowling ball fly out of a car in a spin-out and land right in an old man's lap with an audible "thump!".
* HadTheSillyThingInReverse: The bad cop's squad car suffers a mechanical fault after a collision, forcing him to drive backward during the concluding car chase. As he's losing his temper, he proceeds to ''deliberately'' back up into someone's garden and through a brick wall.
** Doc actually set the car to only drive in reverse and not switch out of gear once applied.
* HangingJudge: Judge Nedra Henderson.
* IAteWhat: Deputy Hank performs FingertipDrugAnalysis only for Dana to tell him the white powder he is licking is actually guano.
* NoPeriodsPeriod: The relationship between the two strict motorcycle cops is implied when he tells her he got a promotion, and she replies that she got her period. They then clasp hands, suggesting that the latter is as big a relief to the pair (who do ''not'' want kids) as the former.
* ParentalObliviousness: A teamster and [[PapaWolf overprotective father]] is apparently unaware his 15-year-old daughter is a law-breaking punk who poses as an adult and sleeps around. Then again, she's apparently been deliberately deceiving him since she was 12.
* RailroadTracksOfDoom: Played With. The nearly-blind old lady's car stalls on the tracks, and she refuses to get out. The other characters hastily push her car out of the way just in time. Finally aware of the danger, the old lady joins the others on the roadside to gape at the passing train, only to have her car, now empty on the street, run down by an 18-wheeler.
* ReassignedToAntarctica: Deputy Hank is reassigned to teaching traffic school indefinitely after [[VandalismBackfire unintentionally vandalising his commanding officer's car]].
* UnwinnableTrainingSimulation: The corrupt judge and policeman set up an unwinnable driving course to ensure the traffic-school students will all fail, allowing the pair to sell off their cars and keep the money.
* VandalismBackfire: The two bully cops hassle John Murray's character and smash the tail light of the car he is standing next to so they can give him a ticket. They get carried away and start breaking other parts of the car only for him to say it's not his car. It turns out to belong to their commanding officer.
** And he's not happy. Cue getting sent to teach traffic school, indefinitely.
* WhereAreTheyNowEpilogue: The movie ends with the police commissioner driving past one cast member after another, all of them having been pulled over for yet another traffic violation. An on-screen caption proclaims that the lead character was sentenced to traffic school so many times that the county made him the instructor in desperation.
* ZeroGSpot: John Murray and JenniferTilly's characters have an intimate encounter in a weightlessness simulator.