Creator/WoodyAllen wrote, directed and starred in this 1995 comedy. When he discovers his adopted son is a [[ChildProdigy genius]], a New York sportswriter (played by Allen) seeks out the boy's birth mother: a prostitute (Mira Sorvino).
!! This film provides examples of:
* AuthorAvatar: Woody Allen as Lenny, a neurotic Jewish man, as with all of his roles.
* BrainlessBeauty: Linda, the DumbBlonde prostitute is played by the shapely Mira Sorvino.
* BetterAsFriends: Lenny and the "film" star/prostitute Linda, [[IHaveManyNames She goes by many names]].
* DotingParent: Lenny often boasts about his son's intelligence, wondering why the Mother isn't like him.
* GreekChorus: Comments on Lenny's situation.
* KavorkaMan: Lenny, because he was with Linda and Amanda.
* NoSocialSkills: Linda gleefully and with no intentional malice calls Lenny a loser, which is the reason she's attracted to him (for some reason), not the only inappropriate remark.
* PenName: Lenny's film star interest has many humourous ones: [[ArsonMurderAndJaywalking Leslie Wright, Leslie Wales, Leslie St James, Linda Ash, and Judy Cum.]]
* TheDitz: The prositute and the her DistaffCounterpart that Lenny set her up with, an onion farmer.
* WouldHitAGirl: The onion farmer/boxer, much to his deep regret.