A 1992 film directed by [=John McTiernan=]. HotScientist Dr. Rae "Bronx" Crane (Creator/LorraineBracco) journeys deep into TheAmazon to find out what Dr. Robert Campbell (Creator/SeanConnery), a [[BunnyEarsLawyer Bunny Ears]] [[TheProfessor Professor]], has been doing since he stopped sending in status reports. Turns out he's discovered the cure for cancer. Well, sort of. He's "lost" it and he has a week to find it again before a logging company [[GreenAesop builds a road through the only area of forest where the cure is known to exist]].
* [[ActorAllusion Composer Allusion]]: In concert stages, veteran composer JerryGoldsmith who did the beautiful music for this film would recount a story of how Connery copied Goldsmith's signature ponytail hairstyle for his character Robert Campbell in the film. (Meeting the composer at a cocktail party, Connery started the conversation by saying, "I want your hair." Goldsmith replied, "You can't have it, It's mine.") In the film's closing credits Goldsmith is listed as "hair designer".
* TheAmazon (''the'' Amazon)
* AndThatLittleGirlWasMe: A very not-nice version.
* TheAtoner ([[spoiler:Dr. Robert Campbell]])
* BookEnds: "I would like a meal and a bath." "Unbutton your shirt."
* CureForCancer: Robert Campbell managed to find it with extracts from a species of bromeliad endemic to the Amazon, but unfortunately he couldn't seem to find it. [[spoiler: It turned out that it wasn't in the bromeliads at all but through a rare breed of ants.]]
* HotScientist (Bronx)
* IChooseToStay ([[spoiler:Bronx, at the end]])
* ItsAllMyFault / MyGreatestFailure ([[spoiler:Campbell was the man that accidentally introduced the swine flu to the other tribe, which resulted in [[ThereIsNoKillLikeOverkill every one of their members dying]]. Hence his insistence on Bronx' keeping a quarantine before interacting with the natives.]])
* KlatchianCoffee: Dr. Crane is given a local drink by Dr. Campbell that is 12% caffeine. She winds up hyperactive and babbling about how they could market the stuff. Amusingly, this predates the Energy Drink craze by about a decade.
* SadlyMythtaken: At some point in the movie, the tribesmen talk about Juju. However, Juju is a reference to West African folk religion, and has nothing to do with Native American tribes.
* WhamLine: [[spoiler: "I thought you meant Mocara."]]