A British SlasherMovie from the year 1999.
A prison ship is transferring several convicts to a remote island prison. But then one psychopathic killer Leo Rook escapes and lands on a small island with [[LighthousePoint a lighthouse in it]]. He then proceeds to kill the keepers and shut down the lighthouse. This causes the prison ship to crash, and the surviving staff and convicts end up on the island, where Rook is waiting for them.
!!Lighthouse will be showing you the way to:
* AccidentalMurder: Spader is in prison because accidentally killed someone during an epileptic fit.
* AllInTheEyes: Used when O'Neill is hiding in the boat Rook uses to store the severed heads he has collected.
* BigBad: Rook.
* BloodIsSquickerInWater: Spoons and Weevil realize that something is wrong when they find bloody water at the beach.
* CampingACrapper: Almost averted when Campbell goes to the john and Rook arrives after him. After cleansing himself on the sink, he is just about to leave when Campbell accidentally alerts him with a rolling air freshener can.
* CatScare: Random falling rat gives a scare to [=McCloud=] and Spader.
* ChainedHeat: Convicts Spoons and Weevil are chained together during the ship sinking to ensure that panicing Weevil will leave the ship.
* CleanCut: When [=McCloud=] and Goslet finally hear Weevil's pleas for help behind the door, they open it, only to see his head falling off from his shoulders.
* ClimbingClimax: [=McCloud=] and Spader climb to the topmost floor of the lighthouse to escape from Rook, and Spader has to fight him there.
* CueTheSun: Rook's death is soon followed by the rising and the help arriving.
* DisneyVillainDeath: Rook dies when an explosion in the lighthouse sends him flying down to the rocks.
* EpilepticFlashingLights: The lightning flashes in the climax. Appropriately, Spader is a having an epileptic seizure as well.
* FlashbackNightmare: When the characters are waiting out to ambush Rook, [=McCloud=] has nightmare that reveals [[spoiler:that Rook killed her mother years ago]].
* GoodHairEvilHair: Rook has a slicked-back hair.
* IDontLikeTheSoundOfThatPlace: The lighthouse is named Gehenna, which in ''[[Literature/TheBible New Testament]]'' was a place where children were sacrificed with fire.
* LifeOrLimbDecision: Weevil cuts off Spoons's hand with an axe to escape from Rook.
* ManOnFire: Rook when he falls from the lighthouse.
* MenacingStroll: Rook's not in a hurry.
* MolotovCocktail: Surviving characters devise a trap where they intend to hit Rook with molotov cocktails...
* MurderByMistake: ...but they unleash it on the survived lighthouse keeper instead.
* NamesToRunAwayFromReallyFast: Rook.
* NeckSnap: How Rook kills his escape conspirator on the ship.
* NotSoAboveItAll: Usually, a silent movie killer would fall (even while on fire) to the rocks below without a sound. Here, the killer screams in utter agony (the first time he really speaks) before gravity does the job.
* OffWithHisHead: Rook likes collecting heads.
* PeekabooCorpse: Goslet finds one of the beheaded lighthouse workers in a closet when he is searching for coffee.
* QuickNip: Campbell prefers booze over water.
* SilentAntagonist: Rook never says a word.
* SlashedThroat: Rook kills one of the prison staff members by slicing his throat messily, and then finishes him by ripping off his head.
%%* TokenMinority: Goslet.