A 1970's B-flick based on the radical man vs. his machines that hit big and hard in the late 1970's and early 1980's. It is based on a short story by Creator/TheodoreSturgeon and concerns a group of construction workers on an island off the coast of Africa, setting up for an oil drilling operation. One of the crew's bulldozers becomes possessed by an alien life force after its blade strikes a meteorite. The possessed dozer then takes it upon itself to hunt and kill the workers.
* AttackOfTheKillerWhatever - A bulldozer is likely to not pose much of a threat to anyone who can run faster then it can crawl. Its akin to a fat ninja who expels gas every few minutes.
** In all fairness, there aren't that many places for them to run ''to'' on an ''island''.
* AutomatedAutomobiles - It does drive itself.
* BrokenHeel - Dennis when he and Kelly are running away in the climax.
* CloudCuckooLander - Dutch.
* CoversAlwaysLie - Based on the poster it looks like a crazy bulldozer roving around some mountain-forest area killing people and ritualistically shoving graves around. The movie...not so much.
* TheLancer - [[JerkWithAHeartOfGold Dennis]].
* ShellShockedVeteran - Dutch.