%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Add context to the entries before uncommenting them.
A 1974 MadeForTVMovie based on the radical "man vs. his machines" theme that hit big and hard in the '70s and '80s. It is based on a short story by Creator/TheodoreSturgeon and concerns a group of construction workers on an uninhabited island off the coast of Africa, setting up for an oil drilling operation. One of the crew's bulldozers becomes possessed by an alien life force after its blade strikes a meteorite. The possessed dozer then takes it upon itself to hunt and kill the workers.
* AttackOfTheKillerWhatever: A bulldozer is likely to not pose much of a threat to anyone who can run faster then it can crawl. Its akin to a fat ninja who expels gas every few minutes.
* AutomatedAutomobiles: It does drive itself.
* BrokenHeel: Dennis when he and Kelly are running away in the climax.
%%* CloudCuckooLander: Dutch.
* CoversAlwaysLie: Based on the poster it looks like a crazy bulldozer roving around some mountain-forest area killing people and ritualistically shoving graves around. The movie...not so much.
* EnergyBeings: The alien entity trapped inside the meteorite.
* HauntedTechnology: The dozer is possessed by an alien entity.
* HomicideMachines: The possessed dozer hunts and kills the workers.
%%* TheLancer: [[JerkWithAHeartOfGold Dennis]].
* SealedEvilInACan: The entity trapped within the meteorite broken by the bulldozer.
%%* ShellShockedVeteran: Dutch.