''Just Go With It'' is a 2011 RomanticComedy starring Creator/AdamSandler and Creator/JenniferAniston. Very loosely based off a 1969 film, ''Theatre/CactusFlower''.
Sandler plays Dr. Danny Maccabee, a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon who, for most of his adult life, has pretended to be an unhappily married man in order to engage in one-night stands with women. Largely out of fear of being heartbroken again after a woman he was set to marry turned out to have never loved him, which he fortunately discovered before they took their vows. At a party, he meets Palmer (Creator/BrooklynDecker), a young schoolteacher with whom, for the first time in his life, he feels a real connection. Matters become complicated when Palmer discovers Danny's wedding ring, and runs away, assuming he cheated on his wife with her.
Aniston plays Katherine Murphy, a divorced mother of two children, and Danny's long-time friend and faithful office assistant. Reluctantly, Katherine agrees to pretend to be Danny's soon-to-be-ex-wife, to give Palmer the impression his marriage was already over and she didn't ruin it.
Eventually, the web of lies spins out of control, eventually involving Katherine's two kids Maggie (Bailee Madison) and Michael (Griffin Gluck), as well as Danny's socially-inept cousin Eddie, and Katherine's old college rival Devlin Adams (Creator/NicoleKidman).
The film was critically mauled, and currently holds a rating of 19% [[http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/just_go_with_it_2010/ on Rottentomatoes]]; however, it was a commercial success.
!!''Just Go With It'' includes examples of
* AllMenArePerverts : At the beginning of the film, some men immediatly start yelling out inappropiate pick up lines to a woman that enters the bar. Also, a delivery man attempts to feel Katherine's boobs.
* AlmostKiss: Katherine and Danny almost kiss outside her hotel room but are interrupted by her kids coming out of the room.
* AlphaBitch: Devlin Adams.
* BackAlleyDoctor: One of Danny's patients comes to him to get corrected after going to one of these.
* BathroomStallOfOverheardInsults: Danny's fiancee's prep room is right next to the men's room, which allows him to overhear his fiancee and her bridesmaids discussing her real reason for marrying him.
* TheBeard: Katherine plays this role for Danny. Since she's playing his adulterous soon-to-be-ex-wife, Eddie plays TheBeard for her as well.
** Danny also does this for Katherine in front of Devlin.
* BecomingTheMask: [[spoiler: In pretending to be husband and wife, Danny and Katherine fall in love for real]].
* ButtMonkey: Eddie
* CampGay: The concierge at the Hilton resort, and the high-end hairdresser Danny hires for Katherine.
* TheCameo: In the end,[[spoiler: Palmer ends up getting together with a tennis player]]. played by Andy Roddick, Brooklyn Decker's [[RealLifeRelative real-life husband.]]
* DidntThinkThisThrough: The whole Hawaii vacation was due to Micheal's idea since he wanted to "swim with the dolphins". However come time to actually do it, it's revealed he can't swim much to Danny's irritation since he's paying for the whole trip.
* FakeBoobs : A patient comes to Danny with fake boobs.
* FakeNationality: [[InvokedTrope Invoked]] by Eddie, who's posing as Katherine's paramour Dolph Lundgren.
* FalseSoulmate: Danny and Palmer were meant to get married in Hawaii, but instead he ends up getting married to Katherine. Also, Palmer finds a new love interest on the plane.
* FanService: The hula contest between Aniston and Kidman. Also, Brooklyn Decker spends much of the film wearing [[MsFanservice not much more than a bikini]].
* FashionShopFashionShow: Katherine is seen trying on an array of dress in front of the mirror, while doing little dances and checking herself out.
* FawltyTowersPlot: It would seem Danny will stop at nothing to maintain the farce that he's soon-to-be divorced rather than come clean with Palmer about his scheme.
* FrozenFace : There's a man who became so addicted to botox that he can barely move his face. His lips are also so stiff that he has trouble drinking.
* GoldDigger: The only reason Danny's cheating fiancee wanted to marry him.
* GroinAttack: Danny suffers one at the hands of a plank on a rope bridge when the two adjacent planks give way. Preferable to falling to ones death, but still quite painful.
* InventionPretension: Devlin helps her husband Ian maintain the farce that he invented the iPod.
* IWantMyBelovedToBeFashionable: Danny convinces Katherine to undergo a makeover so she can pretend to be his hot ex-wife. He buys her new, fashionable clothes and gets her a new haircut.
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Much like many of Sandler's other roles. [[LampshadeHanging Lampshaded]] by Katherine.
* LadykillerInLove: After a lifetime of one-night stands, Danny finds himself falling in love for real. [[spoiler: Just not with who he thinks he is]].
* ManipulativeBastard: Both Maggie and Michael, the former of whom blackmails Danny into paying for her acting classes, and the latter of whom lets loose the crocodile tears in front of Palmer to manipulate Danny into taking the lot of them to Hawaii.
* MakingLoveInAllTheWrongPlaces: Danny and Palmer have sex on the beach.
* MisplacedNamesPoster: [[http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564367/ Seen here]].
* OverlyLongGag: Substituting Devlin for "shit" or "crap" and the "Soul Patch" thing.
* ParentalNeglect: Maggie & Micheal's father doesn't show up to pick them up, Katherine reveals this happens often.
* ParentalSubstitute: Danny acts as this to the kids, he even teaches Michael how to swim.
* PowerWalk: Played with in one scene, when Danny, Katherine, Michael and Maggie are in the parking lot at J.D. [=McFunnigan's.=] A little kid being chased by his pregnant mom runs into the shot and he throws his drink at her. And all of this is happening in SloMo.
* ProductPlacement: Pizza Hut, as well as a number of high-end fashion retailers. Making the Pizza Hut product placement more egregious is that everyone is drinking cans of Pepsi, when most restaurants do not sell soft drinks by the can.
* ProtagonistCenteredMorality: To quote Richard Roeper:
--> We're ''[[DesignatedHero supposed]]'' to root for Danny, and we're ''[[InformedAttribute told]]'' he has a big heart, but this is a guy who's been lying to women for 25 years. A guy who throws a little girl into a mud pit. A guy whose master plan includes marrying Palmer on a lie and then telling her those fake kids of his have been ''[[DudeNotFunny killed in a tragic accident.]]'' [[SarcasmMode WHAT A CATCH!]]
** He ''does'' have a big heart, he just doesn't see the value in it because all it did was get broken by his fiancee, at least until Palmer and Katherine. Also the first time he had a one-night stand he was actually telling the truth.
* [[spoiler: RunawayGroom: Danny jilts Palmer at the altar. Oddly it happens ''offscreen'' suggesting that the filmmakers were unwilling to risk Danny losing audience sympathy by actually showing him dumping the very sweet-natured and likable Palmer. Katherine doesn't even ask how Palmer took the news.]]
* ShoppingMontage: Danny takes Katherine out shopping for more fashionable clothes, and the scene is turned into a montage.
* SirNotAppearingInThisTrailer: Creator/NicoleKidman as Devlin.
* SuckECheeses: J.D. [=McFunnigan's.=]
* UnusualEuphemism: Out of contempt for her college rival, Katherine and her kids use "Devlin" as a euphemism for "shit". This becomes a RunningGag as many innocuous-sounding sentences using the name "Devlin" suddenly become scatological jokes.
-->'''Palmer:'''Her name is Devlin?
-->'''Danny:''' Shitty name, isn't it?
* UnusualEyebrows - A patient comes to Danny with one eyebrow abnormally higher than the other one.
* VitriolicBestBuds: How Danny and Katherine start out. [[spoiler: Later on, they realize it's really BelligerentSexualTension]].