''Jungle Fever'' is a 1991 film directed by Creator/SpikeLee. It follows three intertwining plotlines. In the first, architect Flipper Purify (Wesley Snipes) leaves his wife Drew (Lonette [=McKee=]) and takes up an affair with his firm's temp secretary Angie Tucci (Annabella Sciorra). In the second, Flipper and his parents (Ossie Davis and Ruby Dee) struggle with the spiraling drug addiction of their elder son Gator (Creator/SamuelLJackson in a performance that won him a special supporting actor award at Cannes). In the third, Angie's former boyfriend Paulie Carbone (John Turturro) tries to free himself from the control of his autocratic father (Creator/AnthonyQuinn) and racist friends.
* ButNotTooBlack: For Drew, Flipper's taking up with a white woman is worse than it might be because she's light-skinned herself and now questions how much of a factor that was in their marriage.
* DefenestrateAndBerate: Drew's reaction when she finds out about Flipper and Angie.
* OffingTheOffspring: [[spoiler: The Good Reverend Doctor Purify shoots Gator to death out of despair for his crack habit]].
* SkywardScream: [[spoiler: The ending.]]
* WhereDaWhiteWomenAt: Played straight, subverted, deconstructed, everything. For Flipper having an affair at all seems partly in frustration at his not being promoted at work. Angie is available, he admits to being curious about white, and says that she was curious about black. She is in part getting back at her arrogant father and brothers, although unfortunately she's still living with them.