''Jungle Book'' (or ''Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book'') is a 1942 film directed by Zoltan Korda, loosely based on Creator/RudyardKipling's ''Literature/TheJungleBook'' and starring [[Film/TheThiefOfBagdad Sabu]] as Mowgli.
Sabu had also previously starred in Korda's ''Elephant Boy'', which was based on one of the non-Mowgli stories in ''Literature/TheJungleBook''.
!!This film provides examples of:
* CatsHateWater: Mowgli tries to use this against Shere Khan. (In RealLife, tigers are among the feline varieties that have no problems with water.)
* GoldFever: The film is a flashback told by the lone survivor of a GoldFever Massacre.
* HumanFocusedAdaptation: Since the technology of the time didn't allow the animals to be portrayed talking, much of the story focuses instead on Mowgli's actions in the man-village and his conflict with Buldeo.
* InCaseYouForgotWhoWroteIt: Was promoted as ''Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book''.
* NarratorAllAlong: The old man telling the story to the European tourists turns out to be [[spoiler:the main villain of the story--Buldeo, the hunter who harassed Mowgli, almost killed his mother and nearly burned down the forest]].