Released in 2005, '''''Junebug''''' is an independent comedy-drama about newly-weds Madeleine and George.
Madeleine is an art dealer, and is pursuing a North-Carolinian painter for her outsider-art gallery, so the couple take this opportunity to visit George's family, who live close by.
!!''June Bug'' provides examples of the following tropes:
* ADateWithRosiePalms: Ashley, while Madeleine tries to help Johnny with his schoolwork.
* AccidentalMisnaming: Madeline casually called Peg ''Pam'' at the beginning.
* AdultFear: [[spoiler:The death of the infant during childbirth.]]
* AlliterativeName: '''J'''ohnny '''J''ohnsten. Junebug would have been this.
* BabiesMakeEverythingBetter: Ashley believes that the baby will solve her and Johnny's marital problems. [[spoiler:Sadly, it didn't.]]
* BittersweetEnding: [[spoiler:Ashley suffers a miscarriage and the character's situations aren't really resolved, but Johnny starts to show signs of caring for Ashley and George's family doesn't dislike Madeline.]]
* BlondeBrunetteRedhead: The three women; Peg (Blond), Madeline (Brunette) and Redhead (Ashley).
* ChekhovsGun: Ashley's love of meerkats. She firsts mentions it during her excited ramble when meeting Madeleine. Johnny tries to tape a documentary for her about them, but it doesn't really work.
* TheCityVsTheCountry: Madeline is a CityMouse in contrast to George's CountryMouse family. However, the film neither demonizes the city nor idealizes the country.
* FourthDateMarriage: George and Ashley married only after a week of knowing each other.
* FreudianTrio: The three main couples.
** Eugene and Peg (Ego)
** George and Madeline (Superego)
** Johnny and Ashley (Id)
* GenkiGirl: Ashley often gets very excited.
* HighSchoolSweethearts: Johnny and Ashley, though not the happiest example.
* [[spoiler:InfantImmortality: Depressingly averted.]]
* InsatiableNewlyweds: Madeleine and George's sex life is rampant, in contrast to the rest of George's family.
* MoodWhiplash: Ashley going into labor is a pretty standard enjoyable, humorous scene. [[spoiler:[[AdultFear It doesn't last long.]]]]
* NoodleIncident: Whatever happened between brothers George and Johnny, it must have been very bad.
* ParentalMarriageVeto: George's parents seems to dislike his and Madeline's marriage.
* ThePollyanna: Ashley always finds way to be optimistic.
* TheRainman: The Autistic painter Madeline is trying to hire.
* SecondaryCharacterTitle: Junebug is the name Ashley wants for the baby. Comes into [[spoiler:ArtifactTitle]] after [[spoiler:the depressing outcome.]]
* [[spoiler:ShaggyDogStory: Nothing really changes at the end of the movie, though it seems Johnny does care for Ashley and George's family doesn't dislike Madeline.]]
* WhamLine: [[spoiler:"Listen, we lost him."]]