''I Vitelloni'' is a film directed by FedericoFellini that deals with a bunch of slackers and their supposedly carefree lives. One of them, Fausto, blows this when he leaves his girlfriend pregnant [[ShotgunWedding and is forced to marry her]]. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t try [[TheCasanova to seduce other women]], though.
Fausto's friends ''try'' to be supportive while keeping their lifestyles: Alberto is supported by his mother and sister, Leopoldo writes a play, Riccardo tries to keep his singing act and Moraldo, Fausto’s brother-in-law, tries to get away from it all.
It was one of StanleyKubrick's favorite movies.
!!This movie provides examples of:
* BrokenPedestal: Leopoldo has the eccentric actor Sergio in high regard, but then he tries to insinuate to him.
* CampGay: Sergio Natali.
* TheCasanova: All of them, but Fausto is the most noticeable.
* TheDanza: Riccardo is played by Riccardo Fellini, Alberto by Alberto Sordi, Leopoldo by Leopoldo Trieste.
* DontMakeMeTakeMyBeltOff: Francesco, Fausto’s father, loses his patience with his son by the end of the film.
* MonsterClown: Alberto, while drunk, sees some clown faces like this.
* ObnoxiousInLaws: Not that obnoxious actually, but Moraldo feels scorn to his brother-in-law because he sees how he cheats on his sister.
* ShotgunWedding: Fortunately for Fausto, Sandra is a nice-looking girl.
* TheSlacker: The five protagonists.
* SmallTownBoredom: Moraldo wants to go out of his little town. He does it at the end.
* TheSmartGuy: Leopoldo.