2009 teen comedy directed by Creator/ChrisColumbus and written by Larry Doyle from his own novel, in which high school geek Denis (Paul Rust) chooses his valedictorian speech to let the titular cheerleader, played by HaydenPanettiere, know his feelings. Even though she's gorgeous, popular and has a psycho army boyfriend. Later that day he and his best friend, having invited her and her friends around for a party, are surprised when they turn up. This isn't the only surprise fate has in store for Denis, since Beth isn't quite the girl he visualised...
!!This film includes examples of:
* AmbiguouslyGay: Everyone is certain Rich is gay, but he insists he's straight. By the end, he says he's bi, but it's still [[AmbiguouslyBi ambiguous]] because he doesn't show interest in women.
* BillingDisplacement: While Hayden Panettiere is top-billed and is essentially playing the film's catalyst, the story is told entirely from the points of view of Denis and Rich. (Even the title [[TitleDrop comes from Denis]].)
* TheCheerleader: Beth Cooper.
* DrivesLikeCrazy: Beth.
* IHaveBoobsYouMustObey: How Beth manages to persuade the convenience store owner to let Denis buy some beer despite his looking underage ([[DawsonCasting in-universe, anyway]]).
* LovableAlphaBitch: Beth.
** When Denis falls head first into Beth's lap, he looks up her skirt and we see a POV shot of her panties.
** Toward the end, Beth's two girl friends try to prove Rich is gay by doing something that would turn on any straight boy: [[EroticEating licking a phallic pastry]]. The scene is shot to turn on the male viewers, of course.
* ManicPixieDreamGirl: Subverted. Beth turns out to be more grounded than it appears.
* TheMovieBuff: Rich
* TheReasonYouSuckSpeech: Denis gives one to everyone in the senior class except Beth, including his Best friend during his valedictorian speech.
** Rich quotes a ton of movies
** Denis has a ''Franchise/StarWars'' poster. In the alternate ending, the character posing imitates the poster.
* StalkingIsLove: Played with for laughs. Denis stalks Beth, who gets freaked out, but she ultimately appreciates his love.
* ToplessnessFromTheBack: Beth in the girls' locker room, in front of Denis.