%%Zero Context Examples are not allowed on wiki pages. Please add context before uncommenting.
'''''Hunter Prey''''' is a low budget sci-fi movie made in 2010 that borrows liberally from ''Franchise/TheChroniclesOfRiddick'' Franchise. A ship transporting a dangerous prisoner crash lands on a harsh desert planet. The survivors must overcome the elements in order to bring in their escaped prey, but who exactly is the one being hunted?
Plays many of the conventional SpaceOpera tropes straight, right down to the Star-Warsey music.
!!''Hunter Prey'' provides examples of the following tropes:
* AlienSky: A big red planet floats overhead.
* AliensSpeakingEnglish: Averted in-universe. It just sounds like English to the audience.
* ArtificialIntelligence: Clea, Centauri 7's handheld computer.
%%* BatmanGambit: On the part of the prisoner.
* BountyHunter: One drops in partway through to capture the prisoner for himself.
* DwindlingParty: There are initially four surviving guards, but only one remains by the halfway mark.
* FacelessGoons: The soldiers are this until their suits adapt them to the planet's environment.
* [[spoiler:GambitRoulette: First they're trying to stop the prisoner, then it turns out it was useless. THEN he grows a heart to spare their planet. Then it was revealed to be a decoy, but the bomb ship ISN'T actually launched yet.]]
* InsistentTerminology: The alien bounty hunter prefers to call himself a soldier of fortune. Possibly a result of translation: he clearly doesn't speak [[spoiler:English terribly well, seeing as it's an all-but-dead language.]]
%%* LastOfHisKind: The escaped prisoner.
%%* MyCountryRightOrWrong: Centauri 7's attitude.
* OffTheShelfFX: The weapons used in the film are all modified NERF guns and accessories.
** The rifle is really a Recon CS-6 assault rifle.
** The pistol is a Maverick REV-6.
** The welder/cutter is a Nightfinder.
* PoorCommunicationKills: Played with. [[spoiler:Lieutenant Ulrich feigns a communication malfunction while impersonating a fully-armored Centauri 7. The responding soldiers buy it, and he quickly kills all three of them.]]
* TheReveal: The guards [[spoiler:are aliens, and the escaped prisoner is a human.]]
* RibcageRidge: Wouldn't be a desert planet without one.
* ScaryDogmaticAliens: The blue-skinned aliens transporting the prisoner.
* SingleBiomePlanet: The desert variety. Then again, they're not given much time to move beyond the desert, so it's fully possibly that the ship just crashed on one the planet's deserts.
* SpiritualSuccessor: It draws on some themes from ''Film/EnemyMine''. Two species hostile to each other finding some common ground, and one character even mentions his new found respect for the Draks, who were the alien species in that film.
* WhamLine: By Lieutenant Ulrich
--> ''Lt. Ulrich'': You want to know the difference between you and me? [[spoiler: I ''did'' have a wife and son on Earth.]]