[[caption-width-right:250:So much macho, it might [[TestosteronePoisoning make you sick]].]]
'''''Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man''''' is a 1991 action film, starring Mickey Rourke and Don Johnson. The film was written by Don Michael Paul and directed by Simon Wincer.
Set in the then-future of 1996, Harley Davidson meets a life long friend, a cowboy who is nicknamed The Marlboro Man and they later plan a bank robbery to help save their friend's bar from being foreclosed and replaced with a skyscraper. However, after they rob a bank's armored car, they discover the cargo they stole is the designer drug Crystal Dream, not money. Chance Wilder, who is a bank president involved in drug dealing, demands the return of the drugs. A series of increasingly deadly encounters ensue as heavily-armed assassins hunt for Harley and Marlboro, and the film continues to details their attempts to escape with their lives.
!!Tropes associated with this work:
* BadassBiker: Both our heroes.
* BadassLongcoat: The villains all wear long black coats that not only conceal the assault rifles they carry, but are also BULLETPROOF.
* ChekhovsGun: Marlboro's duct-taped cowboy boots. Harley calls him out on this, saying he should get a new pair. Later, one of the assassins holds to Marlboro's boots when they're both hanging from a ledge and... whoops.
* FantasticDrug: The hallucinogenic neurotoxin "Crystal Dream", which is taken through the eyes.
* HandCannon: Both of the main characters are armed with ''biiiig'' guns; Harley Davidson has a custom Ruger Super Blackhawk in .454 Casull, and Marlboro packs a .44 Magnum Desert Eagle.
* ImperialStormtrooperMarksmanshipAcademy: Harley is apparently a graduate. According to Marlboro, it's because he first learned how to shoot with an overly-powerful gun, and thus never mastered the finer points of marksmanship.
* InstantMarksmanJustSqueezeTrigger: The Marlboro Man says "Squeeze the trigger, Harley. Don't yank it, it's not your dick. Squeeze it." In this case, however, there's no training taking place; the Marlboro Man is making a snarky comment on Harley's piss-poor shooting skills.
* ItsLikeIAlwaysSay: "My old man used to tell me, before he left this shitty world..."
* NameAndName: Nickname and nickname, to be exact.
* NewOldWest: The plot is a gang of outlaw bikers robbing an armored car to save their favorite bar that represents the last bastion of an earlier day in a modern society. Replace the motorcycles with horses, the armored car with a train, and you have a western right there. The fact that one of the bikers actually is a cowboy, and the bar they hang out is frequented by a variety of cowboys and outlaws doesn't hurt matters either. It even ends with one of the heroes riding off into the sunset.
* OnlyAFleshWound (with a side of MajorInjuryUnderreaction): The Marlboro Man is shot in the arm twice: once in the forearm with a 5.56 assault rifle round and once in the shoulder with a massive .454 Casull round. In real life, that arm would probably have been damaged to the point of requiring amputation. At the very least, it would have been severely and permanently crippled. Marlboro's reaction to his injuries can best be described as "mild, bemused annoyance", and he is later seen competing in a rodeo, where he uses that arm as if nothing ever happened.
* PutDownYourGunAndStepAway: [[TheDragon Alexander]] tries this when he captures Marlboro. Subverted when Harley attempts to take out the baddie with a well-placed shot, but is such a poor marksman he just ends up [[CrowningMomentOfFunny shooting Marlboro in the shoulder]].
* RidiculousFutureSequelisation: A billboard is shown advertising [[DieHard Die Hardest V]].
* RobbingTheMobBank: Turns out the armored transport van they robbed was carrying drugs instead of money.
* SoftWater: Harley and Marlboro jump off the roof of a hotel, fall at least ten stories and land in a pool without breaking anything in their bodies.
* TwentyMinutesIntoTheFuture: It's set in 1996, so technically it's five years into the future.