->''"The day may come when this movie is seen as a masterpiece of neo-surrealism. The day may never come when it is seen as funny."'' \\
'''''Freddy Got Fingered''''' is a 2001 comedy film written, directed by and starring Tom Green. The film shows the apparently mentally-retarded cartoonist Gord Brody (Green) heading to Los Angeles to obtain a contract for a television series. The producer, however, tells him, quite rightly, that his ideas don't make any sense, forcing him to go back home, to the chagrin of his father.
The film is infamous for its... bawdy humour, which extends to bestiality, rape, and ripping a baby straight out of a woman's womb, in what Roger Ebert ascribed to a trend in Hollywood, starting several years previously and being definitively capped with this film. What was intended by Green as comedy was hated by reviewers, and has a reputation as one of the worst films of all time.
However, [[VindicatedByHistory critical reception has softened]] since its release; a year after the film's release, Ebert re-examined the film and stated that, although he found it horrible, he admitted it was at least ambitious in its aim, and that Green had potential to "make a movie worth seeing" some day. A decade later... [[DownerEnding he still hasn't.]] The film itself has gone on to gain a cult following.
!!This film provides examples of
* AllWomenAreLustful: Betty repeatedly insists on sucking Gord off, and he is often hesitant to accept.
--> "What do you call a guy with cheese on his face? ''[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Mc63WEOik The cheese face!]]''"
* BlackComedyRape: How the titular assault is supposed to be seen by the viewers.
* BlessedAreTheCheesemakers: Gord works in a cheese sandwich factory at one point.
* BestialityIsDepraved: He does it [[CrossingTheLineTwice twice.]] One of the film's [[GoldenRaspberryAward Razzies]] was Worst Couple for "Tom Green and any animal he abuses".
* ButtMonkey: Andy Malloy, a young child who has a horrific injury happen to him every time he appears.
* TheCameo: Tom Green's then-fiancé Creator/DrewBarrymore has a few appearances as Dave Davidson's secretary.
** Also, Shaquille O'Neal as Gord's mom's new boyfriend.
* CassandraTruth: After Gord makes the titular accusation against his dad, his (adult) brother Freddy is immediately taken away by Child Protective Services and sent to live in an orphanage for abused children, despite his repeated attempts to explain that Gord's accusations are untrue.
* CloudCuckooLander: Gord
* DerangedAnimation: Gord's attempts at cartoons
* ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin: [[spoiler: [[SubvertedTrope Except not.]]]]
* FanDisservice: The entire movie, pretty much. Rip Torn's ass in particular.
* HeroAntagonist: Gord's dad.
* ImOkay: [[spoiler:Andy after getting [[MajorInjuryUnderreaction chopped to pieces by plane propellers]].]] Supposedly to avoid an NC-17 rating.
* InsultBackfire: From [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQikvBJrFHE#t=01m48s a deleted scene]]:
--> '''Jim''': Nale, you suck!
--> '''Nale''': What?
--> '''Jim''': You suck cock!
--> '''[[CampGay Nale]]''': Well yeah!
* KarmaHoudini: Gord
* LargeHam: Those familiar with Tom Green's style of comedy won't be surprised by this one.
** [[BlatantLies "He's a molester! He's a CHIIIIIIIIIIILD MOLESTER!!!"]]
* LiteralMinded: Gord
* MadArtist: Gord
* MadeOfIron: Gord inexplicably survives being struck by a tractor-trailer with no injuries.
* NarratingTheObvious: The narrator in the PG-Rated version tends to do this at times.
-->''(Gord is doing his "Backwards Man" act)''\\
'''Narrator:''' Then Gord tried on one of Daddy's fancy suits. Do you notice anything strange about Gord? He's got the suit on backwards and he's walking backwards! Gord thinks he's the Backwards Man!\\
'''Gord:''' I'm the Backwards Man, I'm the Backwards Man...
* PsychopathicManChild: Gord
* RapeAsDrama: How the titular assault is seen in-universe.
* TheReasonYouSuckSpeech: Gord gives one to an undeserving Nale in [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQikvBJrFHE a deleted scene]]:
--> Cheese sucks! Cheese sandwich factories suck, and only stupid idiots work in cheese sandwich factories! And I'm not a stupid idiot, so you can take this job and shove it in your ass!
* SomethingElseAlsoRises: When Betty goes down on Gord, there is a picture in the background depicting the Eiffel Tower being erected.
* StealthParody: Some say that Tom Green made this film as an over-the-top version of some of the comedies that came out at the time. Compare this to any comedy film made in the two years on either side, and it can be easy to see how some of the scenes in this film are mocking some of the bad clichés in the other. Then again, some think that's giving this movie too much credit.
* StylisticSuck: Knowing that Tom Green's comedy stylings mostly consisted of annoying and irritating others for his own amusement, some have theorized that with this film Green was trying to create the most unpleasant and detestable comedy possible while, as mentioned above, parodying the gross out AdamSandler and Wayans Brother comedies of the early 2000's.
* TitleDrop: Averted, though the title is what Gord accuses his father of doing (Freddy being Gord's younger brother).
* ToiletHumor: Pretty much the whole movie.
* UnreliableNarrator: The "Daddy Would You Like Some Sausages?" scene as depicted in the PG-Rated version.
-->'''Narrator:''' Did Daddy like Gord's song? ''(Gord's father is shown pulling the sausages down and stepping on Gord's keyboard)'' He sure did!
* UnsympatheticComedyProtagonist / VillainProtagonist: Gord.
* WellDoneSonGuy: Gord, to the point of him and his dad nearly reciting the Trope word for word at the end.