''Fitzwilly'' is a 1967 film directed by DelbertMann and starring Creator/DickVanDyke as the title character Claude Fitzwilliam and BarbaraFeldon as Juliet Nowell. Miss Victoria Woodworth (EdithEvans) is a wealthy elderly heiress, living a peaceful life with a large household staff and frequently engaging in philanthropy. There is, however, one rather large problem with her lifestyle: She doesn't actually have any money. Her wealthy father left her a mere $200, and her servants, led by Fitzwilliam, have been engaging in elaborate schemes and scams in order to facilitate her lifestyle. All this threatens to unravel, however, when Miss Woodworth brings in Juliet Nowell, an outsider to their servant network, to help compile a dictionary with all possible phonetic misspellings. Trying to prevent Juliet from discovering their crimes, Fitzwilliam courts her in order to persuade her to leave. However, things become complicated when he begins to fall for her for real...
!!This film contains examples of:
* TheAtoner - Former priest servant Albert, who, consumed with guilt over his crimes, [[spoiler: turns himself in after the Christmas job]].
* TheCon - The specialty of the servants.
* MockMillionaire - Miss Woodworth, not that she's aware of it.
* UnclePennybags - Miss Woodworth, who is very generous with her philanthropy. Very generous. [[spoiler: She's also not afraid to lightly blackmail the district attorney to go soft on her servant.]]
* WealthyEverAfter - [[spoiler:In the end, the dictionary is turned into a screenplay and is sold to Hollywood, solving the household's financial problems.]]