A 2008 film produced by Samuel Goldwyn Films and Sherwood Pictures and starring Kirk Cameron as Caleb Holt, a fireman whose marriage to his wife Catherine is in trouble, but overcomes his problems by a combination of the "The Love Dare", a 40 day program, and through God.
!!Provides examples of:
* AdultFear: One of the scenes of Caleb on the job. A little girl trapped in a house on fire while her parents are outside. They had thought she was at a friend's.
* AnonymousBenefactor: Played with. [[spoiler:Caleb]] didn't give the money to buy the medical equipment with any stipulation of secrecy, but Catherine's assumption that it was [[spoiler:Dr. Keller]] means that she doesn't even check with the company to see who gave the money before running off to show her gratitude.
* BigDamnHeroes: Arguably, the passersby who [[CrowningMomentOfAwesome help move the wrecked car off of the train tracks]] along with the firemen.
* BlackBestFriend: Caleb and Catherine both have them.
* BreakTheHaughty: To show the SmallNameBigEgo of the fire department he's not as cool as he thinks he is, Caleb has a hot sauce drinking contest with him.[[spoiler:Caleb replaced the hot sauce in his with tomato juice.]]
* ChekhovsGun: [[spoiler:Caleb's savings for his boat, mentioned during his first argument scene with Catherine, are later used to buy his mother-in-law's home medical equipment]].
* ChekhovsGunman: [[spoiler:Caleb's mother, who he believes was the person who requested a divorce from his father, turns out to be the one who first gave his father the "Love Dare" book that saved their marriage, and which helps to save Caleb's as well]].
* ComputerEqualsMonitor: Looks to be the case when Caleb goes after the monitor with a baseball bat in order to combat his internet pornography addiction. He quickly follows it up with smashing up the tower as well (well, the case at least. The one shot we get of the computer in the trash looks like most of the hardware is still intact).
* CuttingTheElectronicLeash: In this case, throwing the computer out the door and beating it with a baseball bat. It needed to be done.
* DelayedReaction: Caleb confessing that he drank tomato juice while Wayne drank hot sauce.
--> '''Caleb''': It was tomato juice. (Wayne shrugs)
--> (that night)
--> '''Wayne''': Tomato juice?!
* EarnYourHappyEnding: Caleb has to actually work and follow the instructions in "The Love Dare" in order to achieve this.
* FatherIWantToMarryMyBrother: Done very sweetly by the daughter in the opening of the film.
* [[FourTemperamentEnsemble Five-Temperament Ensemble]]:
** The five firemen, Combo Ensemble. Caleb Holt (choleric/melancholic), Eric Harmon (melancholic/phlegmatic), Michael Simmons (phlegmatic/sanguine), Wayne Floyd (sanguine/choleric), and Terrell Sanders (leukine).
** The co-worker women: Deidra Harris (choleric), Catherine Holt (melancholic), Robin Cates (phlegmatic), Latasha Brown (sanguine), and Ashley Phillips (leukine).
* HilariousOuttakes: It's a mixture of people forgetting lines, goofs onstage, and a '''lot''' of pranks that got filmed.
* HollywoodFire: Largely averted. Not that much of the house is on fire and it clearly shows the amount of smoke involved. Still, the fact that the section underneath the house is completely intact except for dramatic falling rubble...
* TheInternetIsForPorn: Caleb becomes so addicted to internet porn that when he takes on The Love Dare to get back his wife, one of the things he does is take his computer outside and trash it with a baseball bat.
** Caleb, [[CharacterDevelopment at first]].
** Catherine can come across this way just as badly as, if not worse than, Caleb... in her own way.
* KissingDiscretionShot: An odd one. Kirk Cameron refuses to kiss any woman but his wife, so for the scene where Caleb and Catherine kiss, Kirk's wife was substituted for the regular actress and the lighting was turned down to make it more difficult to tell the difference.
* TheMoralSubstitute: Claimed by critics to be the reason why the movie was such a success despite their panning.
* NiceJobBreakingItHero: The two [[SassyBlackWoman sassy black women]] that end up inadvertently undermining Caleb's efforts to win Catherine back.
* ProductPlacement: Yes, they sell the book of "The Love Dare". And Chick-fil-A, too!
* RailroadTracksOfDoom: Unlike HollywoodFire, this one is played straight.
* RunningGag: Caleb giving up something, then taking it out into the yard to whale on it with a baseball bat, then getting noticed by his elderly neighbors. He gives a cheerful greeting, and the neighbor gives a suspicious "Caleb."
* SassyBlackWoman: A duo of them unintentionally undermine Caleb's attempts to win back his wife by regaling her with tales of friends of theirs who had the same tactics used on them to soften them up for the divorce.
* TitleDrop: Caleb's father tells Caleb that he needs to "fireproof" his marriage as an allusion to how a fireproof house can still experience a fire, but is more likely to survive intact.
* TomatoSurprise: When Caleb first confides to his father that Catherine wants to leave him, Dad Holt challenges him to fulfill the conditions of "The Love Dare," pointing out that it aided greatly in his own marriage to Caleb's mother when they had hit a rough patch. [[spoiler:Near the end, we learn that it was ''Dad Holt'' who had wanted to leave Mom Holt and not the other way around as Caleb had initially assumed; this prompts Caleb to go and [[CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming apologize]] to his mother for having been a JerkAss to her throughout the movie.]]
* TheUnfairSex: While Caleb was kind of a Jerkass and had problems, both personal and in the marriage, he's shown as the ''only'' one who had to fight for the marriage. It didn't show Catherine responsible or commissioned for such things, despite that clearly she was equally wrong in many of her arguments and, if anything, slowly changing for the ''worse''.
* ViewersAreMorons: When we first see Dr. Keller. It's blatant that Catherine and Keller are attracted to each other. Nevertheless, two seconds later, the nurses talk about how they are attracted to each other.