[[caption-width-right:350:Daddy Issues, graphically portrayed.]]1960 French Thriller/Horror/Drama about a MadDoctor who has his nurse Louise kidnap young women to cut their facial skin and transplant it on the face of his daughter, Christiane. Christiane's face is an open wound ever since a car accident caused by Daddy Dearest...
!!This film provides examples of:
* TheAtoner: Dr. Génessier.
* BeautyIsNeverTarnished: Subverted.
* BittersweetEnding: [[spoiler: Christiane is free from her father and Louise, but she's still disfigured and will be until she dies (the movie takes place ''way before transplants were possible'').]]
* DisturbedDoves: Used for the haunting ending, which would later inspire a guy by the name of [[JohnWoo Mr. Woo]]...
* DrivenToSuicide: Edna.
* FacelessEye: Poor, poor Christiane...
* FailureIsTheOnlyOption: Obviously, the face transplants.
* FakingTheDead: Génessier has a fake funeral for his daughter, so he can work on giving her a new face.
* MadDoctor: Dr. Génessier.
* PoliceAreUseless: The police finally get a led in the disappearances and arrange a test with a woman who was earlier caught shoplifting. When she disappears they barely follow up on it or ever interview the person who tipped them off.
* SealedRoomInTheMiddleOfNowhere: The good doctor's basement of horror.
* SerialKiller: Génessier and Louise work as a tag team to lure young women in and then surgically remove the skin off their faces in order to apply it to Christiane.
* WhiteMaskOfDoom: Christiane's mask, which hides [[spoiler: her horrifyingly disfigured face]].