->'''Debra''': I guess nobody really has it all together.
->'''Debra''': I feel like I should welcome you to the neighborhood or something.
A movie about a CloudCuckooLander, a Harvard-bound overachiever, a fun-loving [[TheVamp Vamp]], two stoners, a laid-back artist and a troubled young woman. They work at a record store under the aegis of a BenevolentBoss and a not-so-benevolent owner. An aging singer is visiting for the day. They must save the store, make discoveries about themselves, and rock out to the very best of mid-nineties alternative music.
!!Tropes used in this film:
* AGoodNameForARockBand: Mark wants to start a band called [[MyspeldRokband Marc]].
* AsideGlance: At the beginning, just after Lucas loses the store's money at the craps table, he looks at the camera and asks aloud, "I wonder if I'll be held responsible for this?"
* AttendingYourOwnFuneral: The employees host a fake funeral for Debra to show how much they love her. It only sort of makes more sense in context.
* BareYourMidriff: Corey's sweater which shows off her midriff... rather contradicting when you think of it.
* BreakingTheFourthWall: Lucas addresses the camera a few times throughout the movie.
* CloudCuckooLander: Mark and Lucas. (Although it's implied that Lucas's is a recent case.)
* CooldownHug: Happens twice, one right after the other. First while Gina the resident GoodBadGirl is freaking out. The second with Corey after her stress/revelation induced freakout. One of them is successful.
* DeadpanSnarker: Debra and Lucas.
** Even Joe has his moments:
-->(''Joe is talking to the police after Warren has been collared for shoplifting'')
-->'''Joe:''' (''to Warren'') How old are you?
-->'''Warren:''' Old enough to kick your butt through your skull and splatter your brains on the wall.
-->'''Joe:''' (''to the police'') Yeah, he's a juvenile.
* DrivenToSuicide: Debra tried to slit her wrists, rather half-heartedly, prior to the beginning of the film.
* FakeAmerican: Maxwell Caulfield as Rex Manning.
** Also, Anthony [=LaPaglia=] (He's Australian).
* GenderBlenderName: Yes, Corey can be a girl's name too.
* GoodBadGirl: As mentioned above, Gina.
* HadakaApron: Gina, natch.
* IceCreamKoan: Lucas's wisdom.
* IronicEcho: "Take care of yourself, Warren. Don't let the Man get you down."
** "Not *entirely* perfect."
* LeParkour: Lucas
* MamaBear: Joe.
* MushroomSamba: "You play a mean guitar, Mark! It's really a shame that you must...DIE!"
* MyNameIsNotDurwood: Warren, whose real name is never revealed. He kind of brought it on himself by being a smart-ass and giving his name as "WarrenBeatty"... Then everyone who was present for his attempted shoplifting immediately started calling him Warren, and it caught on enough that people who weren't around at the time genuinely thought that was in fact his name.
** By the end of the movie, he's accepted it; the ID card the store issues him as a new employ reads "Hi, my name is Warren".
* TheNineties: The movie just ''screams'' it.
* OneHourWorkWeek: They seem to have incredibly long all day shifts, but at the same time, most of it is spent hanging out, dancing, listening to music, or performing grunge rock concerts on the roof.
** Semi-justified in that it's an event day, so it makes sense that every employee would be scheduled for at least part of the day (and some of them ''want'' to be there even if they don't have to be, and their manager is [[BenevolentBoss extremely lenient]]), and in that it's made clear that this is an atypical sort of work day in-universe.
* OnlySaneEmployee: Joe SCREAMS Liz Lemon Job, particularly when he breaks up the fight between Corey and Gina.
* PrettyFlyForAWhiteGuy: The 90's grunge version of the wangsta himself, Warren.
* RooftopConcert: The end of the movie features Coyote Shivers throwing a concert on the roof of the record store, giving Gina the chance to fulfill her dream of performing with a band.
* RuleOfCool: Sure, in reality it's against the law to perform concerts on top of roofs in a public area and the fine for it would likely exceed the money they earned, but ''that doesn't matter because it was cool.''
** This is averted in an alternate ending on the DVD where everyone performing is arrested at the end. [[spoiler: Including Rex Manning.]]
* StalkerWithACrush: Corey for Rex Manning.
* TheStoner: Eddie and Mark both fit.
* ThoseTwoGuys: Eddie and Mark again.
* StylisticSuck: Rex Manning's music video.
* SweaterGirl: Corey.
* WhiteDwarfStarlet: Rex Manning, a male singer variation.