A film with a surprising amount of talent behind it, such as Jamie Bell, Alison Pill and Mark Webber (both starred in ''ScottPilgrimVsTheWorld''), Michael Angarano and Bill Pullman. It is set in a small mining town set in the South of the USA. Set about the life of Dick Dandelion (Jamie Bell) who is discontent with life until Stevie (Mark Webber) opens him up the the world of firearms. The two become budding friends over their gun enthusiasm and thus set up a club to invite other such youths who feel they live crummy lives.
These youths come togethert to form the Dandies. A group of young gun lovers who call themselves "pacifists with guns" and begin to gain confidence in their everyday lives from their ability to carry and use guns. Eventually however things spiral out of control which sets into the theme about the dangers of guns.
!!This film provides examples of:
* [[DoesNotLikeGuns Doesn't Like Guns!]]: The protagonist at first.
* FiringOneHanded: Pretty much all the Dandies shoot this way.
* GunsAkimbo: Alison Pill's character is the only one who gets this.
* ICallItVera: All the Dandies name their guns. The guns have both masculine and feminine names.
* IJustShotMarvinInTheFace: "Dear Wendy, this was a total F**kup."
* ImprobableAimingSkills: Yep, pretty much all the characters as they get nice little bull's-eyes and excellent clusters. Heck, Jamie Bell's character can get bull's-eyes firing blindfolded with just one hand!
* NippleAndDimed: The film is infamous for having Alison Pill performing this in the movie for no apparent reason other than to show off how big her mammaries are.
* PinballProjectile: Alison Pill's character specialises at this.
* RecklessGunUsage: Dandies are careful to avoid this at first, but eventually it happens. Could be UnfortunateImplications, seeing as the black characters are guilty of this.
* RevolversAreJustBetter: The Dandies like old style guns and Jamie Bell's own personal gun "Wendy" happens to be one of these.
* ShootingGallery: It's a film about gun enthusiasts so this is a given. Happens in an underground chamber since they live in a mining town.
* TechnicalPacifist: The Dandies call themselves "pacifists with guns" with a strict code that prohibits them from firing or even revealing their weapon in public unless absolutely neccessary.
* TriggerHappy: At first the Dandies have strict laws as to where they can fire, but toward the end of the film, it pretty much devolves into this.