''Damnation Alley'' is a 1977 science-fiction thriller set in a post-apocalyptic world.
WorldWarIII happens. The crew at a remote US Air Force missile base survive the war, but following an accident which kills several of them and destroys most of their supplies, the remainder decide to make their way across the country to the only part of the USA that is still inhabitable. Unfortunately, the only way to get there is a narrow strip of not-quite lethal wasteland, dubbed by the leader of the expedition as "Damnation Alley". As the name suggests, it's no picnic. They set out in two "[=LandMaster=]" armored vehicles, encountering various dangers and other survivors as they travel east.
The [=LandMaster=] prop is arguably the best thing in this movie, and went on to have almost as long [[PropRecycling a career in cinema]] as the human star, Jan-Michael Vincent.
Very [[InNameOnly vaguely inspired]] by the [[Literature/DamnationAlley novel of the same name]] by Creator/RogerZelazny.
!!The movie contains examples of:
* ActingForTwo: Only one [=LandMaster=] was actually built for the movie. One of the "twins" gets destroyed early on.
* AttackOfTheKillerWhatever: The cockroaches
* BlackDudeDiesFirst: Strictly speaking averted, in that he's not the first to die, but he doesn't come close to surviving the trip either. The fact he is played by Paul Winfield assures his fate.
* CoolCar: If the [=LandMaster=] can be called a "car".
* CosyCatastrophe: The people of Albany have apparently been doing quite well despite the catastrophe.
* SafeZoneHopeSpot: Blithely subverted with Albany.
* ScaryScorpions: Giant mutated ones make a brief appearance.
* TheSwarm: The cockroaches again.
* ThereWasADoor: The [=LandMaster=] is used to blast into and out of a parking garage.