'''''Colossus and the Headhunters''''' is a 1963 Italian SwordAndSandal movie. This entry is not much unlike the earlier [[Characters/ClassicalMythology Hercules]] movies. Bulky hero Maciste (whom the titular Colossus presumably refers to) helps lead a party of survivors from his tribe's homeland, which is destroyed in a volcanic eruption. The survivors float to an island where they're embroiled in a fight between two warring nations, one of which is dubbed the Headhunters. Central to this conflict is a coup attempt by the [[BigBad evil Kermes]] and his fight against Queen Amoa. Can Maciste help resolve the situation?
Trivia note: The film ''HerculesAgainstTheMoonMen'' was also about Maciste, until the English dubbing crew decided to capitalize on the bigger name recognition of Hercules.
For tropes and specifics relating to the ''MysteryScienceTheater3000'' version, please go to the [[Recap/MysteryScienceTheater3000S06E05ColossusAndTheHeadhunters episode recap page]].
!!''Colossus and the Headhunters'' contains examples of the following tropes:
* CaptainErsatz: That's not Hercules, it's Colossus/Maciste.
* HoldingTheFloor: Milana's excruciatingly long dance to stall for time.
* MadeOfIron: Colossus/Maciste takes an arrow to the upper chest/shoulder, but seems to walk it off after a few minutes.
* NonActionGuy: For much of the movie, Colossus/Maciste is rather unheroic.
* SatelliteLoveInterest: Amoa is almost certainly destined to be Maciste's lover. She doesn't sell it very well, however.
* StandardFemaleGrabArea: Amoa is strong enough to hold her own in a sword fight, but can't even pull away from one middle-aged man holding her forearm.