''Clockstoppers'' is a 2002 film, directed by Creator/JonathanFrakes, that follows the story of OrdinaryHighSchoolStudent Zak Gibbs (Jesse Bradford), who stumbles upon an AppliedPhlebotinum watch that allows him to [[TimeStandsStill stop time]] (okay, technically, it gives the wearer SuperSpeed and alters their perception of time). Before long, he's tangled up in a conspiracy as Quantum Tech, the company developing the technology, comes after him and will stop at nothing to get it back.
!!''Clockstoppers'' provides examples of:
* ArtisticLicensePhysics: If a person were really sped up in such a way, placing your hand on a table would have the effect of slapping it hard. Running at a wall would hit it with the force of a car, which sounds nice but remember your skeleton isn't reinforced to handle that. Worse, your molecules would be vibrating at such a speed that anything you touch would [[IncendiaryExponent light on fire]]. Zak's dad [[LampShading lampshades]] this when Zak prepares to use the watch while in hypertime.
* BigBad: Henry Gates
* BlackBestFriend: Meeker
* CastFromLifespan: You age normally in hypertime.
* ConvectionSchmonvection: The blobs of liquid nitrogen instantly freeze an entire human. In this case, though, the person would have to cool down from the point of contact with the liquid nitrogen. At best, you could take out a joint or an arm instantly, but not the whole person at once.
* CoversAlwaysLie: From the cover, you'd think Meeker has a much bigger role than he actually has. Going by screen time and billing, logically it should be French Stewart as Dopler in his place. Of course, French Stewart, as he looks in this movie, won't sell so many boxes.
* CreatorCameo: The film's director is an extra in one scene.
* DawsonCasting: Now those are some obviously twenty-something "teenagers!"
* FamilyFriendlyFirearms: How do you stop a person in Hypertime? With paintballs loaded with liquid nitrogen, of course.
* [[IHaveYourWife I Have Your Dad]]: The bad guys kidnap Zak's dad to work for them.
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Dopler is one of these; kind of a prick but, considering all he's been through, you can't really blame him, and he definitely comes through at the end.
* MeaningfulName: "Meeker"
* MoralDissonance: Some of Zak and Franceseca's pranks while time is frozen skirt the line between funny and sadistic.
* MundaneUtility: With vast time-stopping power at his fingertips, Zak chooses to pull pranks and impress Francesca. Then again, [[JustifiedTrope he is a teenager trying to get with a hot girl]].
* OohMeAccentsSlipping: Francesca drops her Hispanic accent partway through the film.
* OrdinaryHighSchoolStudent: The protagonists.
* PhlebotinumBreakdown: The hypertime device malfunctions after Zak gets it wet.
* PowerGlows: [[spoiler:When Zak uses the watch while already in the hypertime chamber]].
* ReluctantMadScientist: Dopler
* StereotypeFlip: Meeker, the black guy, is a much worse DJ than his white rival.
* ThisIsAsFarAsIGo: Dopler refuses to accompany Zak and Francesca into Quantum Tech headquarters.
* TokenTrio: Zak, Francesca and Meeker on the cover.
* UpToEleven: What happens when you're already in hypertime, and you go ''even faster''? At the end of the film, we find out.