Fifteen years from now, the world is lit by widely spaced 40 watt light bulbs and populated by people who wear weird clothes. A mysterious plague that's OnlyFatalToAdults has devastated the world and left the surviving children to grow up on their own. The children have created a new society with only comic books and other old-world pop-culture as their guide. In this dystopia, your hero Lee (the cowboy guy with a cow skull helmet) decides to go to the big city (Los Angeles) to prove himself and join the most famous biker gang around -- the "L.A. Clippers". He soon ends up a pawn in a battle between the Clippers and a rival gang led by the foppier brother of Alex from Clockwork Orange.
Meanwhile Wickings (Kim Cattrall) and Bolo (Robbie Benson), part of the Sunya corporation (a group that reinvented the [[MegaCorp corporation]] after the apocalypse), move into town and attempt to exploit the gangs for commercial profit in an attempt to rebuild LA. 'What commerce?' you ask, seeings how it's after the apocalypse and all. Well, repeat to yourself 'it's just a show, and I should really just relax.' Wickings tries to bring the Clippers to the negotiating table, but [[CorruptCorporateExecutive Bolo and his higher-ups]] simply stage an attack on the gang, enslaving most of them except for the few that Lee helps escape.
Anyway, Robbie Benson's shady business that is selling who-knows-what to who-knows-who comes under attack once cow-skull guy convinces the assorted biker types to team up with his surrogate father Albert -- played by an embarrassed James 'I needed to pay the rent' Earl Jones. The RagtagBunchOfMisfits stages a counterattack on Sunya in a finale that will shock and surprise amnesiacs and people who have just arrived on planet earth.
For the ''Series/MysteryScienceTheater3000'' episode see ''[[Recap/MysteryScienceTheater3000S04E03CityLimits here]]''.
!!''City Limits'' contains examples of:
* [[ATeamMontage A-Team Montage]]: The Clippers pull one of these after regrouping at James Earl Jones' place.
* CorruptCorporateExecutive: Bolo and the Sunya corporation.
* DogFoodDiet: One of the Clippers wants to eat cat food, but the other members disapprove.
* ExtyYearsFromNow: "Fifteen years from now", or 2003 according to some taglines.
* HeelFaceTurn: Ray, leader of the rival gang to the Clippers that agreed to work with Sunya, but balked at how far the corporation went.
* HighHeelFaceTurn: Wicker (Kim Cattrall), an honorable Sunya executive who joins the Clippers after Bolo crosses the MoralEventHorizon.
* OnlyFatalToAdults: The plague that devastated the Earth only killed adults for some unknown, unexplained reason.
* RummageSaleReject: Standard dress code for the gangs.
* TeenageWasteland: Literally in this case. As mentioned, every adult died off due to the plague leaving only kids who have now grown into teenagers.
* VideoCredits: Which remind you which of the characters survived the film by giving (Actor) ''is/was'' (Character), except for the [[SpecialGuest Special Appearance]] credits for Robbie Benson and James Earl Jones.
* WrenchWench: Yogi (Rae Dawn Chong).