[[caption-width-right:181:Call me Cap'n Ron, Boss!]]
''Captain Ron'' is a 1992 comedy starring Creator/KurtRussell and Creator/MartinShort.
The film opens with Chicago businessman Martin Harvey (Short), and his family (wife Katherine, daughter Caroline, and son Benjamin), finding out that they've just inherited a vintage yacht that once belonged to Clark Gable. Upon arriving in San Pomme-De-Terre to claim it, the Harveys realize they need to hire someone to help them sail it to Miami so they can sell it. Unfortunately, that 'someone' turns out to be the bumbling, mischievous, [[EyepatchOfPower eyepatch]]-sporting rascal, Captain Ron (Russell). With his somewhat dubious nautical skills and excessively laid-back attitude, Captain Ron ends up taking the Harveys on a wild adventure around the Caribbean, and while he manages to charm the rest of the family along the way, he ends up causing some serious tension with Martin himself.
!!This film contains examples of:
* BigDamnHeroes: Both Captain Ron and [[spoiler: The United States Coast Guard]] toward the end.
* BilingualBonus: San Pomme-De-Terre translates to "Saint Potato" (a mix of [[GratuitousSpanish Spanish]] and [[GratuitousFrench French]]), and the name of the pirates' ship, "Albondiga", is [[GratuitousSpanish Spanish]] for "Meatball".
* BrattyTeenageDaughter: Caroline.
* BumblingDad: Martin.
* EyepatchOfPower[=/=]GlassEye: Captain Ron.
* MaleGaze: Captain Ron ''loves'' him some Katherine and Caroline...
* PlayingAgainstType: You'd think Martin Short would be the bumbling ship captain and Creator/KurtRussell the grounded family man. But...
--> '''Captain Ron:''' We're all gonna f@$#in' die!
* ShowerOfAwkward: When Captain Ron catches Martin and Katherine "playing 'hide-the-salami' in the shower".
* SpitTake: Benjamin, upon learning of his parent's shower antics.
* [[StripPoker Strip Monopoly]]
--> '''Captain Ron:''' I didn't do it! I didn't do it, I swear!
* WalkingShirtlessScene: Not only does Captain Ron spend most of the movie without a shirt on, he even spends a couple of scenes wearing only a snug little Speedo, and another scene shows him in his underwear, a pair of itty-bitty briefs. Good thing he has the physique for it, [[BrainBleach otherwise]]...