'''''Bratz: [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin The Movie]]''''' is a movie based on the popular but [[FreudWasRight controversial]] line of dolls. It is set in an AlternateUniverse to the CGI films.
The movie follows [[CuteClumsyGirl Cloe]], [[SassyBlackWoman Sasha]], [[ShrinkingViolet Yasmin]] and [[AsianAndNerdy Jade]] as [[DawsonCasting they]] go through high school. After being broken up on the first day, Yasmin decided to take the initiative and bring her group back together and show [[AlphaBitch Meredith]] and her GirlPosse that she doesn't rule the school.
The movie is infamous for its UnfortunateImplications, [[JustHereForGodzilla Jon Voight]] and the RaceLift on Yasmin. And that despite that it was based on a popular line of dolls with straight-to-DVD movies that sold like hotcakes, [[EpicFail it flopped.]]
RottenTomatoes gives the movie a 7% rating out of 73 reviews. It recieved five Razzie nominations, although it didn't win any. Still, its most notable nomination was in the Worst Actress category, where all four main characters' actresses were nominated ''as a group.''
!!This movie shows examples of:
* AlphaBitch: Meredith is trying to out-bitch both Libby from ''Series/SabrinaTheTeenageWitch'' and Tess from ''CampRock'' with songs like 'It's All About Me' and 'FABULOUS'.
* AnAesop: ThePowerOfFriendship RULES! Also, don't let people push you around.
* BondBreaker: Head girl Meredith is set upon driving the Bratz girls apart; after two years, she has succeeded in making them part of her pre-defined cliques, and they can barely speak to each other any more.
* BrokenAesop: The movie is infamous for its promotion of unbridled materialism, since it seems to be the only thing the heroines have in common. [[SarcasmMode Heaven help us, that high-schoolers should group up with other high-schoolers with similar interests!]]
* DawsonCasting: Cloe, Avery and Meredith are played by actresses well out of high school age: Avery is Anneliese van der Pol and Chelsea Kane plays Meredith.
* EverythingsSparklyWithJewelry: Sasha loves this trope.
* TheGlassesGottaGo: Dexter
* HighSchoolAU: This movie is an AlternateUniverse to a universe set in a high school.
* HollywoodNerd: Dexter, Jade and the rest of the Nerd clique.
* HollywoodScience: To make a super cool [[SpecialEffectsFailure CGI fireworks]] show just combine three different chemicals in a pseudo smart way!
* InformedFlaw: Cloe's 'clumsiness.' Yes, a klutz is capable of pulling off soccer moves only professionals can barely do. Also, the fact that Cloe is poor. If she's so poor, where did she get all of those clothes, the computer in her bedroom, and the moped she drives to school? (It is never mentioned whether or not she has a job outside of school to make up for it.)
* MakeWayForThePrincess: Meredith ''and'' the Bratz.
* TalentShow: The climax.
* TitleDrop: "You... you... BRAAAAATZ!"
* ThePowerOfFriendship: [=BFF=]s WOO!
* TrailersAlwaysSpoil: Most of the trailers compromise mostly of scenes right from the end of the movie, at the party when the Bratz triumph over Meredith, or from the food fight.
* ProductPlacement: The girls/dolls.
* RichBitch: Meredith.
* MySuperSweetSixteen: Meredith is so spoiled/delusional she has a ''second'' one. Not a Sweet Seventeen party; she's sixteen all over again.
* WakeupMakeup: It's like they got up and fixed their hair and makeup before re-waking up.
* XtremeKoolLetterz: Averted, apart from Bratz.