->''"The first phase is hallucinogenic. The second phase is glandular. And the third phase is... [[KilledMidSentence AAAAAARGH!!]]"''
A 1993 horror film from Australia, ''Body Melt'' is pretty much ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin. A health farm by the name of Vimuville is sending free samples of their new wonder vitamins to the residents of Pebbles Court. Unfortunately, these new vitamins have some rather nasty side-effects; after suffering the two symptoms mentioned, the people who use it have a bad habit of [[TransformationHorror mutating and, well, melting]]. After one of the farm's employees tries and fails to warn the residents not to take the drugs, much nastiness ensues...
!!''Body Melt'' provides examples of:
* BackForTheDead: Halfway through the film, [[spoiler:Brian Rand]] is arrested under suspicion of murdering his wife (who actually exploded due to the side-effects of the vitamins). At the end, after Dr. Carrera and Shaan have been dealt with, the two police officers return to their precinct, where they discover [[spoiler:Brian]] in the midst of a projectile vomiting spell that would make Mr. Creosote envious, which soon causes his internal organs to give out before anything can be done for him.
* BigBadDuumvirate: Dr. Carrera and Shaan. The former is actually the more reasonable of the two (relatively speaking), since he wants to take the time to fully test and develop the formula, while Shaan just wants to get them on the market as soon as possible and make mega-bucks.
* BlandNameProduct: One of the two teens who ends up on the farm of freaks is carrying an LCD gaming device... which is simply called "Game."
* BodyHorror: With a title like "''Body Melt''," you'd kind of expect to see a lot of it. And we do.
* DeathBySex: Two examples; one of the bodybuilders at Vimuville goes strangles a woman while he has a meltdown during sex with her (likely killing him as well), and another bodybuilder has an explosive [[ADateWithRosiePalms Date with Rosie Palms]] while reading a porno magazine.
* DoItYourselfThemeTune: The song performed over the end credits is performed by the film's director and the production designer, who also appear in various FakeShemp roles.
* DullSurprise: The other patients in the doctor's surgery near the end of the film don't seem overly concerned about the fact that a woman's tongue just grew to be about three feet long and choked her to death.
* FeelNoPain: This seems to apply to Carrera, likely due to his past experiments. He demonstrates it near the end of the film by shooting himself through the hand and not even flinching.
* FinalGirl: Insomuch as there is one, it's [[spoiler:Elloise Noble]], though the two detectives are really the main heroes.
* ImMelting: Again, you'd kind of expect to see this. In actual fact, only about three people out of the dozen or so who die in the film truly melt, though that's not to say that the other ones have it any better.
* InfantImmortality: Not only is this averted, we even get an infant dying ''before birth''! Firstly, [[spoiler:Cheryl's]] unborn child apparently dissolves into gas and causes her stomach to explode (killing her as well), then later on [[spoiler:Brandon]] does a FacePlant into Vimuville's skate ramp, which in turn seems to cause his body to start breaking down due to the effects of the Vimuville vitamins.
* KarmaHoudini: Dr. Carrera's former research partner knowingly withheld a vital part of the vitamin formula, ensuring that it would be fatal to anyone who takes it. This makes him directly culpable for every death that happens in the film, yet he never faces any form of punishment for it. Well, unless you consider [[spoiler:living on a farm with a bunch of mutant freaks for a family]] as punishment...
* OrificeInvasion: A man gets attacked and nearly choked to death by the placenta of his unborn child. Yes, you read that correctly.
* TheEndOrIsIt: The ending reveals that while [[spoiler:Dr. Carrera and Shaan]] are both dead, and Vimuville shut down, their vitamins still made it into mass-circulation, and are readily available on supermarket shelves.
* TransformationHorror: Pretty much sums up the entire premise of the film.
* YourHeadAsplode: A rare inversion; near the end of the film, Elloise finds [[spoiler:Shaan]] with her face half-melted off and babbling incoherently. Elloise slaps her around the face to try and knock some sense into her, which instead causes her head to collapse in on itself.