->''"You come to Detroit and you rent a Beamer? That's like going to Germany and eating Jimmy Dean sausages!"''
-->-- '''Rick Jarmin'''
'''Bird on a Wire''' is a 1990 feature film starring Creator/MelGibson and Goldie Hawn, directed by John Badham, and shot mainly in British Columbia, Canada. The title refers to the LeonardCohen song "Bird on the Wire". The alley motorcycle chase scene was filmed in Victoria BC's [[FriendlyLocalChinatown Chinatown]], in Fan Tan Alley.
!! This film contains examples of the following tropes:
* DirtyCop: Sorenson and Driggs.
* DistressedDamsel: Marianne Graves
* RoomDisservice: Attempted, but failed thanks to Rick being GenreSavvy enough to be suspicious.
* ScreamingWoman: Marianne.
* HeyItsThatPlace: The ferry is obviously a BC Ferry, markings aside, to anyone familiar with the BC Ferry system. The scenery during the ferry ride will also be very familiar to habitual BC Ferry riders.
** The scenes in Victoria, especially Fan Tan Alley.
** The chasing motorcycle cop radios he's in pursuit through Fan Tan Alley.
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Rick Jarmin
* NoOshaCompliance: The zoo in which the final battle takes place. Let's count the ways: 1) Mixing leopards and tigers in the same space. 2) putting chimpanzees and baboons in the same habitat then 3) allowing aforementioned leopards and tigers access to the monkey habitat 4) also, crocodiles and snakes and 5) rickety bridge/ledge that connects with 6) unsecured artificial waterfall that fills artificial lake filled with 6) wholly natural piranhas!
* SceneryPorn: The ferry ride.
* ShoutOut: Fan Tan Alley, where the motorcycle chase takes place, is actually referred to by the pursuers as Fan Tan Alley.
* [[CaliforniaDoubling Vancouver Doubling]] (and ''Victoria'' doubling).