In this movie written by Creator/JohnHughes, Bink, the infant son of a wealthy family, is kidnapped by a TerribleTrio of crooks who pose as photographers, but they're [[StupidCrooks too stupid to handle one little baby]], who escapes and has an adventure throughout the big city while the crooks [[ButtMonkey get their butts kicked trying to get him back]], and his parents worry about him as they search for him.
!!This movie provides examples of:
* BadlyBatteredBabysitter: Technically, they're crooks, but take as much abuse as one.
* ButtMonkey: The crooks, naturally. When the baby isn't treating them like this, they're treating each other like this.
* TheChewToy: The crooks again.
* ConstructionZoneCalamity: A movie such as this isn't complete without this cliche.
* EvenEvilHasStandards: Despite caring more of the ransom money, the kidnappers show more than once genuine concern for Bink's safety.
* FourTemperamentEnsemble: The crooks; Eddie is choleric, Norby is sanguine and Veeko is phlegmatic.
* GroinAttack: Pretty much a requisite for these types of movies. This one goes a bit further and has scene where Eddie is trying to hide that his crotch is on fire - and the only way to put it out is to stomp him there repeatedly.
* [[HeroicBSOD VillainousBSOD]] / ThousandYardStare: Eddie when he's lying in the garbage bin after getting hit in the head and falling off a building
* LargeHam: Joe Mantegna as Eddie.
* MadeOfIron: The only excuse that the crooks survive falling stories high buildings as well as not suffering bodily damage.
* NoPeripheralVision: All of the adults.
* SequelHook: At the end of the movie, Bink takes out a book entitled "Baby Goes to China"...
* StockScream: The Howie Scream is heard when the gorilla tosses one of the crooks into the air.
* TooDumbToLive: The crooks. Even Eddie who is supposed to be the smartest of the three is revealed to be dimwitted just like his two companions.
* TrailersAlwaysLie: The original trailer made it look like Bink got lost on his own and the trio discovered there was a reward for finding him, so in turn attempted to recover him for his family; instead of being the crooks that fail at holding him for ransom and are the ones responsible for him being on his own in the first place.
* VillainProtagonist: Eddie, Norby and Veeko more or less.
* VillainousBreakdown: After all the troubles and injures the baby put him through and after accidentally letting some mixture be poured on him, Eddie finally snaps.
-->'''Eddie''': THAT'S IT! NO MERCY! This ain't no nursery school battle of wits anymore. This is my '5'"10" of guile, gut, and gristle, versus you 2 1/2 feet of goo-goos,gaa-gaas, and giggles. If the Milwaukee Mob couldn't kill me, no milk-puking little thumb-sucker's got a candle's chance on a cyclone of getting the better of me!
* WiseBeyondTheirYears: Baby Bink.