->''Who is John Galt?''
''Atlas Shrugged'' is the first of a trilogy of films covering Creator/AynRand's book ''Literature/AtlasShrugged''. It was released on April 15, 2011.
''Atlas Shrugged II'' was shot with a completely new cast and half of the first film's $20 million budget, and opened on October 12, 2012.
''Atlas Shrugged III'' was again shot with a new cast and half of its predecessor's $10 million budget and opened on September 12, 2014.
!!These films provide examples of:
* BigNo: Dagny, after seeing Wyatt's oil fields in flame beyond a sign reading, "I am leaving it as I found it. Take over. It's yours."
* TheCameo: [[Creator/PennandTeller Teller]], [[Creator/FoxNewsChannel Sean Hannity, Juan Williams, Bob Beckel, and Tamara Holder]] make brief appearances in Part II.
** Hannity returns in Part III along with Glenn Beck and Ron Paul. For a totalitarian dictatorship, the film's United States is amazingly tolerant of dissenting media...
* CoincidentalBroadcast: Subverted. Eddie calls Dagny and tells her to turn on the TV for a report on a train wreck, but the first channel she turns to is just giving the stock report.
* CaliforniaDoubling: One of the great things about this movie's depiction of Wisconsin and its sequel's depiction of Woodstock, NY and Pittsburgh, PA is [[Film/AustinPowers how they look NOTHING at all like Southern California]].
* DaysOfFuturePast: Hinted at in the first film, where it's stated that the decline of automobile and commercial airlines have led to a resurgence in train travel. Then there's the fact that characters often get their news from the paper, despite the fact that one would think that papers would go down even faster in a modern depression...
* InMediasRes: ''Part II'' opens with Dagny chasing Quentin Daniels in her plane and then spends most of the remainder of the movie showing [[HowWeGotHere how things got there]].
* TheMountainsOfIllinois: Or rather the ''lack'' of hills at Pittsburgh Municipal Airport in II.
* SchizoTech: Set in [[TwentyMinutesIntoTheFuture 2016]], trains reign supreme due to Galt's plan exacerbating the 2011 economic troubles, resulting in oil shortages.
* SequelHook: Invoked, as it's supposed to be a trilogy of films.
* WhoAreYou: Midas Mulligan's last words before he vanishes.