From 1937 to 1958 MGM produced 16 Andy Hardy films starring Mickey Rooney. JudyGarland co-starred in 3 of the films.
!!This film series provides examples of:
* BettyAndVeronica: Polly and Cynthia in ''Love Finds Andy Hardy''.
* BreakoutCharacter: Earlier films in the series focused on the entire Hardy family, but later films (starting with ''Love Finds Andy Hardy'') in the series focused on the character of Andy Hardy.
* TheCastShowoff: Judy Garland gets 3 songs in ''Love Finds Andy Hardy''.
* DawsonCasting: A 16-year-old Judy Garland plays a character who is twelve years old.
* EarlyInstallmentWeirdness: The series format wasn't really nailed down until the fourth film, ''Love Finds Andy Hardy'', so the first three have some unusual aspects in retrospect. Also, most of the recurring characters apart from Andy himself were [[TheOtherDarrin recast]] for the second film.
* EasilyForgiven: Andy gets the car and the girl.
* EverytownAmerica: Andy's hometown, Carvel.
* FirstGirlWins: Polly in ''Love Finds Andy Hardy''.
* GrammarNazi: Judge Hardy.
* HappilyMarried: Andy's parents.
* HotForTeacher: Andy in ''Andy Gets Spring Fever''.
* HugeGirlTinyGuy: Andy and Coffey Smith (played by Dorothy Ford) in ''Love Laughs at Andy Hardy''.
* LargeHam: Andy.
* NonActorVehicle: Swimmer Esther Williams started a screen career with a major supporting part in ''Andy Hardy's Double Life''.
* ObliviousToLove: Andy to Betsy's crush on him.
* OhCrap: In ''Love Finds Andy Hardy'' when Andy gets a telegram saying Polly will be able to make it to the party and when he found out his friend wouldn't be giving him the eight dollars. Again in ''Andy Gets Spring Fever'' when Andy realizes he has to perform in front of a large crowd.
* OpenMindedParent: Judge Hardy.
* PrecociousCrush: Betsy on Andy. ** Andy on the drama teacher, Ms. Meredith in ''Andy Gets Spring Fever''. He even asks her to marry him.
* StatuesqueStunner: Coffey Smith in ''Love Laughs at Andy Hardy''.
* WorkOffTheDebt: In the WarnerBrothers classic short, ''Hollywood Steps Out'', Andy gets into trouble, and as usual has to ask his dad for help. Since they can't pay the bill, Andy and dad end up washing dishes to the rhythm of the music being played by the band.
* YourCheatingHeart: Andy in ''Love Finds Andy Hardy''.