''Amusement'' is an American 2008 horror film directed by John Simpson and starring Creator/KatherynWinnick, Laura Breckenridge and Jessica Lucas. The film went direct-to-video in January 2009. It is the last film to be distributed by Picturehouse Entertainment.
Three women are faced with a psychopath with a penchant for sadism and twisted humour from their childhood.
!!Tropes presented by this film:
* AbsurdlyIneffectiveBarricade: Tabitha uses one in the form of a cupboard that she puts on a front of a door. The Laugh effortlessly pushes out the drawers from behind and climbs straight through.
* AllAccordingToPlan: For a while, it seemed that The Laugh had every move planned out to completely trap Tabitha. [[spoiler:Then the truck stalled]].
* BigBad: The Laugh, a sick invidual who is after the three women who he knew from his childhood.
* BondOneLiner: [[spoiler:Said by Tabitha after she stabs The Laugh in the facewith one of his weapons]].
--> "Now ''that'' was funny!"
* CreepyBasement: The one in The Laugh's cabin is ''so'' creepy, many fans mistook it for ''[[Literature/HarryPotterAndTheChamberOfSecrets Chamber of Secrets]]''.
* CreepyChild: The Laugh, as a child though that gutting animals was a funny thing to do
* CreepyDoll: [[spoiler: Subverted by having the doll actually be The Laugh sitting very, very still.]]
* TheDollEpisode: Tabitha's Babysitter plot in Act 2 has being surrounded and creeped by clown dolls.
* EvilLaugh: The film's calling card, so much so that the villain is credited as "The Laugh"
* EyeScream: [[spoiler: Happens when Tabitha stabs the Laugh in the face with his own weapon.]]
* ForTheEvulz: The Laugh finds mutilation and murder a funny thing to do.
* HoistByHisOwnPetard: The Laugh [[spoiler: gets killed by his own weapon, while looking through his peephole to taunt Tabitha no less]].
* PowerTrio: Tabitha, Shelby and Lisa used to be this when they were kids.
* MonsterClown: [[spoiler:The Laugh hides in plain sight in the second segment by dressing in a clown costume that's lacking its nose]].
* NobodyHereButUsStatues: [[spoiler:The Laugh pretends to be a (large) clown doll in a room full of clown dolls.]]
* UrbanLegends: The film is practically a rehash of popular urban legends mashed into a single storyline. the 'clown doll' story in the second act is a particularly notable example.