''Along Came Polly'' is a 2004 film starring Creator/BenStiller, Debra Messing, Creator/PhilipSeymourHoffman, and Creator/JenniferAniston. The film follows Reuben (Stiller), a man fresh out of a marriage to an unfaithful bride, saddled with the mortgage on the house he bought for her to start their family. Attempting to rebuild his former life, Reuben joins his best friend at an art gallery where he meets his former classmate Polly (Aniston). Polly and Reuben soon start dating, and the film follows their [[OddCouple mismatched romance]].
!! This film provides examples of:
* BadDate: Thanks to the PottyEmergency mentioned below.
* BettyAndVeronica: When Lisa comes back into the picture, she becomes the Betty to Polly's Veronica.
* CommitmentIssues: Lisa had issues with marriage hence bolting.
* FormerChildStar: Sandy starred in Crocodile Tears a long time ago and he refuses to let go of his former fame, being in absolute denial about his current FutureLoser status.
* IncompatibleOrientation: Reuben calls out Polly's dance friend from the salsa club, thinking he's hitting on her. Turns out he's gay.
* IronicEchoCut: Polly offers Reuben a snack. He says "I actually like this". Cut to him throwing up in the toilet.
* ItsAllAboutMe: Sandy when it comes to a community theatre production.
* LatinLover: Reuben gets jealous when Polly dances with a studly Cuban guy - it's okay though, he's gay.
* TheMakeover: A subtle example. Reuben typically wears his shirts with only one button undone. To show he's relaxing more around Polly, he unbuttons a second button before his salsa dance with her.
* ManicPixieDreamGirl: Polly, although a slightly sedate version.
* PottyEmergency: Reuben has IBS. Polly takes him to an Moroccan restaurant. HilarityEnsues.
* TranslationByVolume: When Reuben and Polly first meet Reuben's parents at an Indian restaurant, she asks the Asian waiter in a rather condescending fashion: "Hi, need big table please - four people - many thanks" with the waiter responding in a bewildered fashion (and American accent) "okay".
* TheUnfairSex: Completely averted. Lisa's infidelity is treated as reprehensible by both the movie and the characters in it while Claude is - according to WordofGod - supposed to be a likable NiceGuy despite meeting Reuben a newlywed man on honeymoon with his wife who he adores then having sex with her and getting her to leave her husband the same day
* YourCheatingHeart: Reuben's wife cheats on him during their honeymoon.