''Al di là della legge'' (''Beyond the Law''), also known as ''The Good Die First'', is a 1968 SpaghettiWestern starring Creator/LeeVanCleef.
Cleef portrays an aging bandit, Cudlip, who ventures into a town called Silverton and wins the respect of its citizens by saving a group of them from a brutal gang of bandits led by his former partner, Burton. Named the sheriff, Cudlip decides to take the opportunity to steal a silver shipment coming into the town during a holiday before Burton can. But what are Cudlip's real motives?
[[IThoughtItMeant Not to be confused with another film called]] ''Film/BeyondTheLaw'', which features Creator/CharlieSheen.
Often packaged with ''Film/DeathRidesAHorse'', another SpaghettiWestern featuring LVC, in public domain DVD sets.
!!This film contains examples of:
* AntiHero[=/=]AntiVillain: Cudlip, who is Type III of the former and Type I of the latter.
* BecomingTheMask: Cudlip grows into his new role [[spoiler:and eventually assumes it fully at the end]].
* BlackDudeDiesFirst: Inverted; [[spoiler:Cudlip's black accomplice is the last to die, killed by Novak to protect Cudlip from a reprisal following the death of the [[SinisterMinister other accomplice]].]]
* EvenEvilHasStandards: Cudlip may have no qualms about robbery, but he would prefer not to commit murder in the process. [[spoiler:However, he won't hesitate to [[PayEvilUntoEvil kill to save a life]].]]
%%* GreaterScopeVillain: Burton.
* HeelFaceTurn: [[spoiler:Cudlip has one at the end of the film.]]
* MoralityPet: Novak serves as this to Cudlip.
* SinisterMinister: One of [[ThoseTwoBadGuys Cudlip's accomplices]].
* VillainProtagonist: Cudlip starts the movie as one.