%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Add context to the entries before uncommenting them.
''A Walk to Remember'' is a weepy 2002 romantic drama tragedy about a [[AllGirlsWantBadBoys bad boy]] and a [[IncorruptiblePurePureness sweet Christian girl]] who fall in love and are torn apart when one of them gets leukemia. Everything you can expect from Creator/NicholasSparks.
Also[[labelnote:*]]or should we say "Only" ?[[/labelnote]] notable for being the breakout acting role of teen pop princess Music/MandyMoore, who also contributed to the soundtrack.
!!This film provides examples of:
* AltarTheSpeed: The young couple gets married after an extremely short courtship. Because he knows she's dying, and "getting married at the same church her mom did" was one of the things she wanted to do before she died. Sweet or saccharine? You decide.
* BeautifulAllAlong: Although she was never supposed to be "ugly" (just plain), Jamie has this moment during the scene in which she performs in the school play; as she takes off a black cape she is revealed in a blue silk dress, along with full hair and make-up for the first time.
* BittersweetEnding: [[spoiler:Jamie died three months after getting married with Landon, but Landon has already changed himself and even states in the end, that Jamie will always be with him.]]
%%* BlackBestFriend: Eric.
* DeadpanSnarker: Jamie responds this way after explaining one of Einstein's theories and his faith in God and one of Landon's friends asks that if there was a higher power, why doesn't he get her a new sweater
---> '''Jamie:''' He's too busy looking for your brain.
* DeathBySex: A variation: Landon and Jamie getting married serves the only purpose of allowing the two to have sex at least once before she dies, without violating her Christian beliefs.
* GrandRomanticGesture: Landon helps Jamie complete a few things on her "list" including being in two places at once (straddling the state line).
%%* IdTellYouButThenIdHaveToKillYou: Joked at with Jamie.
%%* IllGirl: Jamie, the whole movie's point
%%* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Landon.
* KarmaHoudini: Landon is part of a drunken "prank" that pretty much cripples another student. His punishment is being made to do some community service by the Principal, as opposed to, say, a criminal trial, or at the very least having to defend himself in a civil suit.
** Subverted, though, when he does try to make amends throughout the film.
%%* LikeYouWereDying: the whole movie.
%%* LoveRedeems: Landon
* MoodWhiplash: The movie starts out all fun and energetic - with the Breeders' "Cannonball" played over the opening credits - and you think it's going to be a typical lighthearted teen romance-drama. Needless to say, [[CerebusSyndrome that comes crashing down]].
* NeverMyFault: Before they find out that Jamie has leukemia, some of Landon's friends apparently don't realize that maybe Landon wouldn't ''like'' it that they photoshopped Jamie's head onto a porn star's body, and seem to actually be ''confused'' when Landon pushes one of them and then slugs him in the face hard enough to knock him to the floor.
%%* NonActorVehicle: perceived to be so.
%%* OppositesAttract: Jamie and Landon.
* ThePollyanna: Jamie mostly is this; she is a devoutly religious girl who is always optimistic and faces her impending death gracefully.
%%* PreachersKid: Jamie.
* ProductPlacement: Remember the Star Registry? "Name a star after someone"? Well, Jamie gets her own star thanks to Landon.
* SheCleansUpNicely: Jamie steals the stage when she reveals her costume for the play; her stark change in looks makes Landon forget his lines and leads to an impulsive non-scripted kiss on stage at the end of her solo.
%%* TroubledButCute: Landon.
%%* UncleTomfoolery: The BlackBestFriend.
* WhamLine: When Jamie tells Landon she has leukemia.