A low-budget independent film released in 2004.
Latin Americans mysteriously vanish all over the state of California. The California borders are hidden and obscured with a thick, impenetrable mist.
Suddenly the rest of the Californians, even those with animosity toward immigrants, are forced to cope with their absence when they realize how much they relied on them.
Mostly PlayedForLaughs, although it doesn't shy away from its own opinion on the matter.
* BorderPatrol: The "pink fog" that cuts off the state's communications from the rest of the world, and of course the real life one.
* ChildrenAreInnocent: The child of the anti-immigrant activist.
* DeusExMachina: Type 3. Its established that mass disappearance is possible. [[spoiler: whether or not the leaking faucet was responsible was up to question since the disappearance ended with it being fixed by a handyman.]]
* HumanInterestStory: the sort of reporting one of our leads was forced to do until she became the apparent Last of Her Kind.
* [[LastOfHisKind Last of Her Kind]]: people believe there to be exactly ''one'' Mexican in California for most of this film. [[spoiler: Turned out that she was an Armenian adopted by a Latino parents.]]
* LatinoIsBrown: Subverted since many people who disappeared also include Latinos—especially an Argentine named Monica—who look like Caucasians.
* NationalStereotypes: Parodied and subverted.
* SouthOfTheBorder: Lampshaded.
* SpaceWhaleAesop: Respect Hispanic immigrants—''all'' of them—or you will find that they are all gone and your state is cut off from everything.
* WeWantOurJerkBack: several groups. For instance, what's the Border Patrol to do when the border is gone?