Proof that the remaining 10% is worth falling in love with a member of a rival family for here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Romeo and Juliet fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
''MercutioAndAllegra'' by [[BadassBookworm Cornadopia]] (whose work can be found [[http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1525424/Cornadopia here]].
* ''Synopsis:'' During the story of "Romeo and Juliet", Romeo's invulnerable friend Mercutio, who is constantly professing his idea that love is BS, finds and falls in love with a girl of the Capulet house. Sure, it sounds potentially Mary-Sue-ish, but it proves not to be; the character of Allegra and her rebellion against the family feud, combined with impressive canon-era dialogue, tons of humor and a madly passionate romance make it a very worthy and enjoyable read.
* ''Pairings:'' Mercutio/OC
[[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5425367/1/Five_Happily_Ever_Afters_for_Juliet_Capulet Five Happily Ever Afters for Juliet Capulet]] by aishuu
* Recommended by: riahsama
* ''Synopsis:'' There's so many ways things could have worked out right for Juliet.
* ''Pairing(s):'' Juliet/Romeo, Juliet/Paris
* ''Tags:'' 5 AU's where Juliet has a happy ending.
[[http://archiveofourown.org/works/204730/chapters/304129 Caro]] by Pargoletta
* Recommended by: yareyareora
* ''Synopsis:'' Two boys, each guarding a secret, must face the challenge of growing up and becoming men.
* ''Pairing(s)'': Mercutio/Benvolio, Juliet/Romeo
* ''Tags:'' Prevalent child abuse themes, but an Everybody Lives AU nonetheless