Proof that [[SturgeonsLaw the remaining 10% is worth standing in front of a Elder Dragon while doing nothing for]] is here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for ''VideoGame/MonsterHunter'' fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on their respective pages. Feel free to add a recommendation of your own to the appropriate list, but remember to use the template found [[FanficRecs/TemplatePageForNewFandomRecommendations here]].
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. You can do it by expanding on the synopsis and/or pertinent tags, or linking similar or related fanfics. Reviews are also encouraged, but please make sure to make reviews have substance; if you simply want to recommend a fic without an extensive review, put your Troper name in the Recommended by line of the fic in question. Please use the discussion page for conversations about fics.
!! General Fics
''[[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6447956/1/ The Lost Civilization]]'' by dashboardgecko
* Recommended by Charlie019, Makuta9999
* ''Synopsis'': Long ago the old world was destroyed and reborn with monsters wandering the land, creating the era of hunters. But strange people have begun appearing, claiming to be from a destroyed world. How will these people fare in the world of the hunters?
* ''Comments'': If you're a true fan of Monster Hunter, this is a must read. With 49 chapters and 1,000,000 plus words, this is nothing short of awesome. The story is not just covers monster hunting, but also covers many of the gameplay mechanics such as the pitfall trap, which has a rather sensible explanation on how it works. Characters are no longer made of steel, as there are numerous instances which the hunters more often than not comes back with broken bones, concussions or some other kind of injury. Actions scenes are vividly displayed and described. The overall plot is rather good as well, with a couple twists in the Monster Hunter universe, such as the feared Alatreon, making it an epic fantasy story.
** The author has put up a number of one-shots and mini-stories set after the end of the story with various degrees of canonity, [[https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10327014/1/The-Lost-Civilization-DLC The Lost Civilization: DLC]]
** Now has a sequel! [[https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11387633/1/Shadows-of-the-Past Shadows of the Past]]
''[[https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7775277/1/Sky-Kings A Mother's Love]]'' By Shingetsumoon
* Recommended by Emolsifier
* ''Synopsis'': All Alistair wanted was to finish the quest and get in some long overdue vacation time. Instead she's now responsible for raising two baby rathalos when the eggs she was supposed to deliver end up hatching. Now she has to raise them and deal with problems from her past as well. This was NOT part of the job description.
* ''Comments'': Set in a very vibrant slightly AU world where monsters can be seen in human society as pets and companions. It explores the age old question of "what would it be like if you could have a monster as a pet" in a beautiful and sometimes horrifying fashion. Part of the charm is watching the baby rathalos' grow up physically and mentally. The human characters are nothing to sneeze at either with realistic backgrounds that will have you exploring things you would not have expected in a monster hunter fic. The fic is a story of healing and growth alongside suffering and scars.